The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#150908 - 06/14/08 09:15 AM Re: Edelweiss today!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hellooooo my friends! I feel like I’ve been gone for years. I actually thought of all of you on the operating table. Now that’s love.

It wasn’t any picnic;…but afterwards I thought this is like after childbirth. You forget the negative impressions pretty fast. I am so grateful to modern medicine that this procedure is even possible. It’s not even that old! Only since 2002.

So now the only thing that can make my heart gallop is if I weren’t able to visit my dear friends here. The whole procedure took 3 hours. Yuck 3 hours lying on a steel table,… and awake! I thought they were going to send me into orbit, the way they were talking. First of all zillions of computer screens surrounded me. I could watch the whole darn thing. But the weirdest was the way they talked. My surgeon sat on a stool, arms crossed studying the screens, and suddenly he would blast out 250xyzghgkjfhfj..whatever…and in the next room, I heard a nurse repeating what he just said, and then I heard it again in a further room. Whaaaat? And that over and over and over again. Beep beep beep….ET calling.

The doctor told me it’s a very common ailment for people in my age. So if anyone else should have this…I don’t want to scare anybody off. I am so glad I did this. Now life can go on. Lalala….I’m home, have to take it easy this week. all I have to do is trim my antennas morning and night. Beep-beep.

#150909 - 06/14/08 09:22 AM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
You're back!!! I am soooooooo relieved that the procedure went well. All that electrical pulse and they put you on a steel table? Geesh, talk about conduction! You okay now? Darn, we ought to have harnessed all that energy for our own BWS substation. And on the other thing...was it required to do it? And, was the Dr a hunk? Did you pinch him in the rear for me? Glad, glad, glad you're back. Rest! Rest! Rest!

From your antenna to mine: roger-roger and 10-4 10-4

#150910 - 06/14/08 10:42 AM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You were one of the very first people I prayed for this morning. I was beginning to get concerned.

I can't imagine being awake for a heart procedure. Good grief. Too bad one of the screens couldn't have been our forums. We could have sent you messages during the procedure. What's the matter with them? They need to get with it!

Be sure to listen to their orders. Here's to relaxing week of pampering yourself and being pampered by the men in your life!

#150911 - 06/14/08 12:06 PM Re: Edelweiss today!
Mountain Ash Offline

Hooray.Its over
Mountain ash

#150912 - 06/14/08 12:31 PM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well slap me nakkid and hide my clothes, she's back! Did any of the multiple screens have commercials on them? Soaps? Movies? Oprah? Whatttttt? Girl, you have been so missed! And so prayed over! And so....I mean, what the BEEP were you thinking going in there without access to a BEEPING computer?

#150913 - 06/14/08 12:44 PM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm so glad to see you back, safe and sound, Edelweiss. You really were missed here and I think many of us were holding our breaths until you came back. We love you and I, for one (I'm sure I'm not alone) am doing a happy dance in celebration of your life!

Dotsie, I think that's a great idea, that one of the computers should have been tuned into BWS so that EW could read our love messages throughout the procedure!

(Maya Angelou)

#150914 - 06/14/08 01:45 PM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Welcome home, Edelweiss.

I am so glad that you are well and back her chattin with the girls. I am doing a small jig right now.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#150915 - 06/14/08 02:24 PM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
And the docs can't say this about you anymore....

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#150916 - 06/14/08 04:48 PM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I'm laughing tears here. I just read your posts to Hubby and my sons. They are over here testing our new barbeque monstrosity. My youngest son wants to know if he can come to our BWS meeting. He promises to be good.

They bought this gadget fit to feed 24 horses while I was in the hospital. It is sooo ugly. All stainless steel...and reminds me of the operating table. I’m trying to figure out where to hide it when their enthusiasm blows over.

#150917 - 06/14/08 06:33 PM Re: Edelweiss today! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So good to have ypou back and in your usual good humor. ou had us worried a bit but I was up late as usual and prayed so hard my eyes are bloodshot today. And without a lick of booze too. You take care of yourself lady, you are loved by me and all others here.
Whats with the feed 24 horses gadget, does it really feed horses and do you even own horses? Hummmmm!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved