The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Topic Options
#149600 - 05/29/08 03:52 PM Pet skin care
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
We use shea butter for our pets' skin irritations.

Since Munchie just had nine pups nearly 7 weeks ago, her noonies are sore and getting scratched up. Every so often, now, the babies want to nurse and with their teeth and nails. they beat her up!

My husband always sends her to the farm wife for 'Munchie Spa Treatments". She LOVEs when I massage her. She also has a red nose (being a red Aussie) and we apply/massage it on there as well.

Any kind of cuts, we break out the shea! If you have any on hand, it's great. If you don't...hmmmmm!! I know where to get some!

Edited by Di (05/29/08 04:01 PM)

#149601 - 05/30/08 02:35 PM Re: Pet skin care [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies, I never thought I would find anything better than my faithful olive oil, but I bought some of Di's shea butter and it is all she says it is.
TRY IT - YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!

Edited by chatty lady (05/30/08 02:35 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#149602 - 05/31/08 12:43 AM Re: Pet skin care [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well that's a big amen! I bought some as well and at first, I thought it was my imaginatin...but I'm here to tell you, it works. I put it on my elbows, my dry, cracked feet, my forehead, in my bath, and I even put some on the tips of my hair the other day, just to see...(Di had told me to try this) and I waited the customary 24 hours before shampooing. I had to tell myself it was my imagination the next day as to whether or not it worked. Did it? Didn't it? Heck, who knows? Only my shea butter saleswoman knows for sure! LOL!

I find myself looking for places on my bode to use it. LOL!

#149603 - 05/31/08 04:00 PM Re: Pet skin care [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have to add a few things to these testimonials. My partner works with wood and all kinds of stuff that leave his hands dry and chapped. He also gets splits on his fingertips (ouch!) I hassled him until he started using the Shea Butter on his hands every night - he rubs a little extra on his fingertips. The splits are healed. It didn't happen overnight, but it does work.

Also, 3 weeks ago I brought home a dog from the Humane Society to foster him until he was healthy - he told me to, what can I say?!! Anyway, he had a bad case of kennel cough and needed to be out of the kennels. Because of the kennel cough, his poor little nose was dried out and crusty (yucky, I know) so I started rubbing a little shea butter on it every night. Now his nose is as soft and clear as it should be. And the end of the story is that we adopted him so he is very happy to be part of our family along with Peanut, our Queensland Heeler, Eddy, and Schmoozie (our two cats). Oh, and my partner, too!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#149604 - 05/31/08 07:01 PM Re: Pet skin care [Re: yonuh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Humlan you sound like me. I am such a sucker for a cold nose and sad eyes.

My Reeta had several things that looked like moles starting, I could peel the crust that formed off of them every day. My vets out of town till JUne 18th. so I tried the Shea Butter, it softened them in a couple of days, no more crust, and in five days they had all but disappeared. They haven't returned either...

Right now I am waiting for my advance check for a book and when it comes I am buying many more scented soaps.
(I LOVE her soaps) and also more lavender Shea Butter. LOVE IT, LOVE IT...
JJ, it has also softened my elbows and the bottom of my feet, tough because I am barefoot all the time.

Edited by chatty lady (05/31/08 07:06 PM)

#149605 - 05/31/08 09:05 PM Re: Pet skin care [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
What pleases me most, you guys, is that people (and puppies!) are being helped! The money is extra...and sadly things cost money. Doctors have to charge, right?? And those who pay WAY more than we charge really don't have to be charged that much.

But in all honestly, we get SO many wonderful healing testimonies both locally AND thru the internet. Return customers have now become friends, complete with HUGS and now family stories!

It's such wonderful "food for the skin".

God blessed us with this "Tree of Life" (aka Karite Tree) nutty extract.

And Yonuh...BRAVO for the new puppy for both a new home AND shea butter his momma gave him! Archie is looking down from the Rainbow Bridge and smiling a great BIG doggie smile! (what's the new pup's name? They are just so irresistable, aren't they??)

Edited by Di (05/31/08 09:24 PM)

#149606 - 05/31/08 09:41 PM Re: Pet skin care [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
The new puppy is Spudley "Spud" Spoodle because he looked like a cross between a spaniel and a poodle (hence the spoodle!). Since my partner has names and stories for each of our critters, the spoodle became Spud then Spudley. He is also "Trouble" (because he's still a bit of a puppy and is into everything) and "Boing-Boing (because he bounces up to my shoulder height, over and over and over - as if he's on a pogo stick!)
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved