The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#14885 - 04/28/05 07:50 AM Re: reminders
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
This story brings tears to my eyes Chatty! I am sad about the two crushed babies. How could anyone do this? The poor mother, her pups! Thank God for you and your organization and the volunteers. You know, the woman who ventured out to this rest stop could have been shot, or something. I hope the volunteers go out on a buddy system. I hope they find homes for all the pups, and the mother, too. LLL

#14886 - 04/29/05 01:01 AM Re: reminders
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yes Lynn329 most of the time we go out in a group but it just so happened that Barb was on her way home from spending the night with her daughter and new grandson, it was 5:00 AM and the highway that runs past her ranch was deserted except for the truck parked near the ravine. She got a glimpse of the box because his trucks tail thingy was down and he looked like the cat that swallowed the goldfish, guilty...She kept driving until she came to an old burned out restaurant and pulled around back. She watched until his truck went by then headed back up the road. She said she called the Sheriff's office as soon as that truck passed by and they all got to the scene at once, thats when they shined the light down into the ravine which was about 15 feet below. He apparently just threw it over the side and thats probably when the 2 pups were crushed. My God that poor mother, giving birth through all this torment. She was so sweet too Barb said and seemed to know they were the good guys. Don't feel bad about the tears Lynn, she said one of the deputies and she were both in tears. So now there are seven pups, looking good and a very sweet mother Collie mix doing well. The vet wants to keep mamma, now being called Miracle and one pup for himself, and as soon as the pups are 5 to 8 weeks we will begin looking for homes for them too. Happy ending this time... [Big Grin]

#14887 - 04/29/05 05:19 AM Re: reminders
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh Chatty, I'm glad to hear she knew to protect herself by waiting til the sheriff came on the scene. There is an organization called TESSA in CO Springs, which helps women and children in domestic violence cases. I was pleased to read that they coordinate with the humane society regarding the family pets when the pets have to be separated from the family. For example, an abuser of his family is likely to abuse the pets as well. So, if a woman has to go to a shelter to be safe, the pet is also taken in to a "foster" home until the violence is alleviated. And, the volunteers who foster these pets have to go through a training program. Good program, don't you think? LLL

#14888 - 04/29/05 06:55 AM Re: reminders
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Absolutely and I have fostered a few of those abused animals myself. Like Polkadot the Great Dane I had last and was able to find a wonderful family for. At first he was so afraid of every sound and movement and in a week or so he was in my bed with my two feeling right at home. It is always amazing to me how they crave affection and are so forgiving of we humans....

#14889 - 05/05/05 08:16 AM Re: reminders
Misfire Offline

Loc: Maryland
Chatty -- about your post of April 23rd about burying pets in our yard ---
When my beloved Shetland Sheepdog/Shih Tsu mix died in 1995, I had her cremated and the ashes returned to me. I didn't know what to do with the ashes so I put the box under our bed. A few years ago, my husband and I buried her in the garden in our side-yard "outside the fence" because she took every opportunity to escape the backyard and go exploring the neighborhood. We're sure that she's "resting in peace" outside the fence. [Wink]

#14890 - 05/05/05 08:16 AM Re: reminders
Misfire Offline

Chatty -- about your post of April 23rd about burying pets in our yard ---
When my beloved Shetland Sheepdog/Shih Tsu mix died in 1995, I had her cremated and the ashes returned to me. I didn't know what to do with the ashes so I put the box under our bed. A few years ago, my husband and I buried her in the garden in our side-yard "outside the fence" because she took every opportunity to escape the backyard and go exploring the neighborhood. We're sure that she's "resting in peace" outside the fence. [Wink]

#14891 - 05/06/05 07:20 AM Re: reminders
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Cute story.

#14892 - 05/06/05 07:34 AM Re: reminders
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Misfire, I love your story so much! What a tender, thoughtful, loving memorial, to bury her just "outside the fence" where she always enjoyed going to explore. Thank you for sharing that...I don't have any pets, but this really warmed my heart for some reason this morning.

#14893 - 05/06/05 06:55 AM Re: reminders
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Fantastic Misfire, bless you, your husband and your beloved pet. I bet she is as happy as a lark and having a ball... thanks for sharing. [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved