The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#14793 - 01/30/05 09:42 PM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, how about an update on Linda?

#14794 - 01/31/05 04:59 PM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynn, who wrote the Widow book, do you know?

Update on Linda:
I always call Linda, but the day after I requested your prayers, she called me, and was crying. Before we hung up,I told her about your prayers and she said "That's what did it, that's what finally helped her break down, something she needed to do."
Yesterday, we talked about Don. We laughed and exchanged stories about him. (thanks for this advice btw).
Her pain is that he is never going to be there again. She is lonely without him.
No job yet, but she has something is in the works.
I will continue to keep you posted and thank you for your prayers.

Andria

#14795 - 02/21/05 03:18 AM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
chickadee Offline

I am pleased to announce that Linda will be starting work on the 28 of Feb. Temp position until she gets back to a seasonal job in the summer. She is doing pretty good considering. Linda and I still talk a lot on the phone. My heart still feels heavy for her pain. I sometimes wish that it was 5 years from now -just for her sake. It won't change anything except the pain/time factor I know but I wish this just hadn't happened to my dear friends.
Working will be good for her, she says and she's right.I want to thank all of you for your prayers, well wishes, suggestions and the (PMs thanks girls). God bless you all.
Andria

[ February 20, 2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#14796 - 02/20/05 06:46 PM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chick, thanks for spreading the good news. I think the job will be good for her. Anything that occupies her mind for a few hours should be helpful. I think most of the women in these forums can't stand watching a friend or family member in pain. We wish we had a magic pill to take it all away.

What's her job she'll begin in the summer?

#14797 - 02/21/05 12:25 AM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Chick, I don't know the author of the book but I am having breakfst with Karen this Saturday so I will try to find out.

This is the first I have seen her, since the funeral although we email frequently, me daily.

She has always been my sister's best friend from before grade school but since the death she is grafitating to me some. She is looking for strength to help or insights. I have always been the "different one" and right now, I think that is intriguing to her. My sister is the comfort, like mac and cheese. I'm a taco!

I hope to meet her goals on her movement through grief. I feel guilty about this too, because I should have been the widow instead of her. But I am blessed everyday that I am not.

Keep us posted. If I learn anything helpful, I'll pass it along.

Lynn

#14798 - 02/21/05 12:58 PM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
chickadee Offline

Lynn, I sometimes think our guilt for others really is our genuine concern for mankind.

Dotsie, Linda's permanent/seasonal job is with Cultural Heritage.

Thanks for being there, ladies.

Andria

#14799 - 02/21/05 04:03 PM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, how can you say you should have been the widow? Good grief girl. Do you mean because your husband sick? Chick is right. Sometimes we feel guilty just because we feel blessed when others don't.

#14800 - 02/22/05 02:01 AM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I agree. Lynn, you SHOULD NOT have been the widow!! [Eek!]

I believe if you should've been, it would've been.

#14801 - 03/14/05 10:06 PM Re: Anyone out there who's best friend lost their spouse?. I'd love to hear from you.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chick, the woman who owns this site just sent me information on her books to be included at BWS. I immediately thought of you and your friend. She is a widow and has written about it. Thought I'd pass this along. Please check it out and see if it applies.

http://www.authorsden.com/juliedonnerandersen

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved