The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#146246 - 04/26/08 06:34 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dotsie..what a fun site! I read your recommended article and then read an article about 9 ways to get out of awkward situations..it was fun!

#146247 - 04/27/08 04:13 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Glad you liked it. Real Simple and Body and Soul are becoming my new favorite mags.

#146248 - 04/28/08 01:38 AM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Okay. I've been deciding when to approach this again. I spoke with my son last Wednesday or Thursday. I called him at work and said I wanted to try to work the situation out. We discussed the issue and it seemed like things were fine. However, I've not heard from him since. The only thing I can think is that DL is still not happy or my son was not happy because after listening to him bring in everything that he thought was bad in his life, I told him maybe he should get some help. Some of the issues were from when he was a small boy.

I'm not sure what to do now. I know for those of you who don't get to see their grandkids for extended periods of time, my not seeing mine for 3 weeks seems like a short time. I've seen him whenever I wanted since his birth 2 years ago. I babysat him for the first 7 or 8 months of his life. I had him at my house overnight one night of the weekend for well over a year. So, I'm upset because they are keeping him from me and the rest of the family.

You know I told my son that yes, I love my grandson, but my main concern is with him because he's my son. So I'm not sure if the DL is the problem or my son is still mad or what. Again, I don't know that I want to call again, you know.
www.tidedancer.com

#146249 - 04/28/08 09:37 AM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Sandpiper, how about having a family barbeque, and act like nothing ever happened. Just be there as a “silent haven of peace”. I’ve learned that too much talking and discussing is a no win thing. Sons are very proud people, and never like to be told what they should do. I have learned to not tell, but just do what I think is right.

I miss my granddaughter too. But more important to me is that my son’s marriage is functioning. I’m determined to lead an active social life separate from my sons and grandchildren. They lead theirs as well. It’s demoralizing to just wait around for a call or that they may come by with our granddaughter. And it’s a burden for the kids as well. We haven’t been running after my son and DIL since they have taken Anaiya back. But low and behold, their calls are more frequent, and overnights are happening again.

So go out and turn the town upside down! Wish I could join you.

#146250 - 04/28/08 10:48 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Edelweiss, excellent advice.

#146251 - 05/23/08 12:56 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL
Sandpiper Offline

Just an update for you all. My son and DIL have worked things out. He called about 3 weeks ago or so and I asked him if he was still mad. He said everyting was okay. He asked me to go to their house for a visit. I told him I was not sure how the DIL would respond. He said she was fine but I asked him if he'd talked to her about everything. He said a little and I told him maybe he should really talk it out with her. He again asked me to his home. I told him I'd think about it. But I went a few days later.

She appeared to be fine and we've since been visiting again. I had my grandson two weeks ago for Friday night but he was sick and didn't want to stay. So, I called them and they picked him up. I've since been over to their house a couple of times.

All seems to be fine now, hopefully. Matter of fact, I was there Tuesday with my daughter for a couple of hours, then yesterday for 1 1/2 hours and she asked me to come back this morning for a bit.

Thanks for all your support, help, encouragement and love. This has been a new feeling dealing with the little one. But you all are terrific and it's so great to have a place where we can share our problems and receive help dealing with it. Thanks again all of you.
www.tidedancer.com

#146252 - 05/23/08 07:45 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Glad the storm has blown over, and the beautiful Florida sun is shining down on a happy you again.

#146253 - 05/26/08 03:25 AM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Edelweiss]
Sandpiper Offline

Thanks Edelweiss! This thread helped me immensely. Sometimes when we have problems with children, even grown ones, it helps to get outside opinions as other family members are too close to the situation.

You all have been great. My heartfelt thanks to you and all.
www.tidedancer.com

#146254 - 05/26/08 07:53 AM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Sandpiper]
Mountain Ash Offline

Even knowing and picturing what you ladies would say about issues balances out my thoughts. I hear a voice and see the variety of responses to posts and it has been informative to me.
Mountain ash

#146255 - 05/27/08 02:14 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I've hear other stories about kids, daughter or son in laws and grandchildren. Do you feel like our generation bends more in these situations? I don't have married children so I don't know yet, but it seems to me that our generation will bend over backwards to keep those relationships working.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved