The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#146235 - 04/18/08 02:30 AM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dotsie they haven't called me at all this week. So while I may be on for the weekend, they've made themselves scarce for me. I've tried a couple of times to call him at his office at work but he must have been in the field - he's an electrician.

I've sent some emails to them regarding some other business but no reply.

Chatty I think you're right. They obviously play the he said, she said because that's what the phone call was about partly. DIL didn't have enough stamina to tell me the situation wouldn't work for her. I think it was ok with her but not my son. However, I think I'll try to get them together and be done with this childs play. It's so frustrating to deal with it when it was such a simple thing. Thanks ladies!
www.tidedancer.com

#146236 - 04/18/08 09:48 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sandpiper, I wouldn't call them anymore. You need to be cool and let them come to you, after all this was NOT a situation of your making... They'll come to you if allowed to and seeing you are not chasing them.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#146237 - 04/19/08 02:05 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Chatty, the only thing I have done is try to call him at work 2 or 3 times. I've sent them emails with some new pictures of the baby in them. That's all. I thought I could go to them and try to work it out but I really didn't do anything except tell them I couldn't watch the baby at the time they needed me to. But I did tell them I could take him 3 hours later if they'd bring him to me.

So I also don't think I did anything wrong or to apologize for. Thanks.
www.tidedancer.com

#146239 - 04/19/08 09:41 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have to agree 100% with Dotsie's priest as Anne has. It makes perfect sense...

#146240 - 04/22/08 03:23 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I agree. Dotsie, Chatty and Anne are giving good advice, here. Prayers and blessings, Sandpiper!

#146241 - 04/23/08 10:03 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have just experienced that when a child of any age believes they can control their parent/s they will...

#146242 - 04/26/08 06:18 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Chattylady..what an interesting remark and thought..I have 4 adult kids..and then I have grandkids indispersed here too..and please let´s not forget the therapists involved with 2 of my adult kids..BUT you are on to something here, Chattylady..adultkids controling us..and of course, knowing which strings to play on..to make it happen. Hmm..I think that I am one controlled mom..when I think of what your wrote.

And you, Dotsie..that we have spoiled our children alot..I thought I was in the minority here..having spoiled my last child alot..I know. The others..well, something went wrong there too..because it´s tough going with contacts with them..painful and difficult at times. Is this really the way families work actually? I know it´s not all desolate and black all the time..but probably alot more often than I have thought. I think of you, Dotsie..and your wonderful reunions with your children..and it makes me very very happy for you..and then I wonder..why can´t we all meet without problems???

Sandpiper..you sound like a great grandma. I don´t take my grandchildren every week-end and I certainly couldn´t have them at my apartment because our living space is so tight already. My youngest son lives with me and my partner in a 1 bedroom apartment..so getting the grandkids in there too..is alot. I have 3 of course in one family. I do help my daughter, who is a single mother..but I do it at her apartment.

Sandpiper..you are great grandma..sounds to me anyway. How are things going then????

HUGS!!!!

#146243 - 04/26/08 06:19 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an article in Real Simple magazine and thought of this post. It's titled Untangling any Conflict. I was happy to find it online. Here's the link. It offers five good suggestions that may help.

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/0,21770,1731180,00.html

#146244 - 04/26/08 06:20 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Chattylady..come to think of it..are you ok??? Anything that you want to share? Or not, of course..but boy are we in the same boat..but you,lady..you got guts and gumption..I know that!!!!

#146245 - 04/26/08 06:21 PM Re: Irritated with my son and DIL
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My favorite sentence in the article is: "It's hard to fight with someone who says, "I want to find a solution that work for both of us."

It's not about me against them, it's about us working it out for the good of both of us.

Good article.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved