The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#141899 - 02/13/08 12:35 AM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: Casey]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I never was all that crazy for the Beetles. Call me crazy, but its a fact.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141900 - 02/13/08 04:56 AM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I was like Dotsie abit young, but did remember the Beatlemania on tv.

It was Beatlemania and their imitators (well sort of) the Monkees. As kids, we watched their show daily. Slapstick comedy suitable for children.

#141901 - 02/13/08 08:05 AM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I once went to the Boston Pops, where the theme was Beatle music. That's when I realized how brilliant the Beatles were; so brilliant that their compositions were recognized by the greatest musicians from classical to pop.

#141902 - 02/13/08 12:47 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Okay, Chatty, you're crazy. I saw the Beatles at Shea Stadium many moons ago...'66? '67? And it's been 44 years, 1 week since they arrived in New York to all their screaming fans!! And 44 years, 4 days since they made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show....woweeee!!!

#141903 - 02/15/08 05:02 AM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: Casey]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I was born in 1956 but was still kind of young to go to any concerts. I got my fill watching the Ed Sullivan show. My parents let me stay up to see the mouse "Topo Gigio" I loved that mouse more than the Beatles.

I remember all the screaming girls and couldn't quite figure that out. I wasn't into boys then I guess.

I think most of the songs they wrote are amazing. They were all very creative and set the tone for what the 60's were all about.

Imagine is a wonderful song and the lyrics are valid to every generation.

My favorite in the 60's was 'This Boy'.
Kate

#141904 - 02/15/08 06:37 AM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: katebcca]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
And if anyone's got any of their vinyl records, 45's or LP's, KEEP THEM!!! They're worth a lotsa, lotsa money here so, you're probably sitting on a fortune.

#141905 - 02/15/08 10:13 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate, the lyrics are great. And I recall my mom talking about the lyrics being risque. How funny is that?

LJ, the night we saw them was the 44th anniversary of when they were on the Ed Sullivan show. They announced it and the crowd went wild.

I'm all the sudden in to going to more concerts with bands from the 60s and 70s. It's a great escape.

Who else is touring now? Anyone know?

Anyone have old 45s or 33s?

#141906 - 02/23/08 06:31 AM Re: Beatle Mania
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
I saw The Beatles twice in concert at Shea Stadium in Queens, NY. My mother took me, my middle sister and a friend of ours to see them. Paul was my favorite.

#141907 - 02/23/08 01:08 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: NYWoman]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
NYWoman, bet we were at Shea at the same time!
Dotsie, I must confess that I kept all my 45's and LP's. It's getting completely ridiculous. The poor things have been dragged everywhere I've been for all these years. There was something sacred about them for me. It's funny you brought that up because only a few nights ago, Frank and I were talking about them. I really feel I'm getting closer to clearing them out this Spring/Summer. I may have to keep a few. I think it will be very traumatic for me! Gee, makes me tear up (yup it does...but you can laugh because I can't hear you).
As to tours, hubby and I go to the Doowop concerts when they come by. That music is mainly 50's and very early 60's but oh so wonderful. It was the word "doowop" that brought my hubby and I together on Match.com!

#141908 - 02/23/08 04:04 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: ladyjane]
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
Quote:

NYWoman, bet we were at Shea at the same time!

I bet we were!

My sister's favorite was Ringo. I remember when it was announced that he had married Maureen. My mother knew my sister would be "devastated" at the news, so she (my mom) drapped a pair of black panties over a photo of Ringo hanging on the wall. True story! My mom was so cool! She even took us over to Manhattan to stand outside the hotel The Beatles were staying at. We stood in the cold screaming our fool heads off! My mother, of course, did not join in the screaming.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved