The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13908 - 12/02/04 02:34 AM Re: Holiday Drinking
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
Don't worry about the animals. They will forget by tomarrow. Just show them some extra loving this week. They never carry on for long, and they forgive you for everything. I told my dog today that life would be very lonely without her, and also very boring. This is her home, we live in it. Last week my daughter woke up to her talking to her. She didn't want to go out, she wanted her to move over and make room for her, the golden retriever she is. She moved and the dog jumped up, got compfortable and went right to sleep there beside her. Glad you survived your visit home. I know I find having other people around helps to deal with aging parents. Your grandkids were there for you. Good luck at Christmas, maybe now they will visit you, I can think + or dream as the case may be. Hug your animals tonight.

#13909 - 12/03/04 09:24 AM Re: Holiday Drinking
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dianne, so glad you survived the trip. I could feel the tension pouring from your post before you left. You got the flu because your body's defenses were gearing up for a huge fight and it took its toll on you physically. You knew you couldn't show any weakness to your parents so the stress hit your immune system instead.

I'm so proud of you. You did this for your son but it further validates the woman you have become, because you went back to the battle ground and the corpses are still slain.

#13910 - 12/03/04 03:49 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dianne,
Glad to hear things didn't drive you to drink!
My hubby and I went to NY and we both came home with the flu also! It's a nasty one this year!

#13911 - 12/03/04 06:42 PM Re: Holiday Drinking
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Merideth, I think you're very wise. Stress can make me very ill. My body had to react in some way and chose the flu!

TV, sorry you guys caught the flu too. I'm slowly recovering but don't feel 100%. Hey, I lost 4 pounds tho! Ain't all bad [Big Grin]

#13912 - 12/04/04 03:03 AM Re: Holiday Drinking
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Queen JJ you know as well as I that you are incapable of being wrong, ah hem, stroke, stroke, he he!!! But ah yes, Dianne and wondeful, sweet smarty pants Sammie were missed and I can't wait to hear what she comes up with next, what a bird!!! [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved