The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#136648 - 01/06/08 01:16 AM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ok. I need to get this straight as my hair once and for all. I thought that Nair was stinky when I tried it on my legs long time ago. Why can't I use it for the fuzz on my cheeks? I have fuzzy cheeks. I don't want fuzzy cheeks. How about the jaw line? I could grow a goatee. I'll leave my hairline alone, for sure. How do you get the wax in your nostrils? I have to clip mine at the tip of my nose or they grow to my upper lip. Or I'll just embrace the hair and become a guerilla.

#136649 - 01/06/08 01:24 AM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
oh, Princess, Princess, the "fuzz," is a natural shading of your cheekbones and makes your face lovely and exotic! WHY, WHY, take off that shading, my lovely friend? Goodness, do you wax your whole face?????
LOL.
take off the beard with stinky facial Nair. Take off the mustashe with stinky facial Nair, pluck your thick and luxurious eye brows but not too much!
NOW: The rest is called "Italian face." It is there to make us look like we do! It makes us mysterious and NO ONE can see it but you! YOU don't like it and you have to stop trying to make yourself an American Barbie when you are Italian Barbie! You need to go to Italy, my friend! Go see our sisters and watch how they work it! Hey! At least we take off our mustashes!
Italian women are some of the most beautiful women in the world, and you know it. You know what they say,

"There are two kinds of people: Italians, and those who want to be," LOLOLOL

You need to embrace and love that fuzz that makes you different from the blonds and Anglo races! It's beautiful and again NO ONE SEES IT!!

You only had "anglo," friends when you were little huh?

My older sister wanted to be like her anglo girlfriends so much that she STILL shaves her ARMS!! Her arm hair embarasses her. Well, my arm hair never got in the way of my career! In face, I never thought about it. How did I get to the TOP with all that fuzz on my face??? I dunno, Princess, but you are one hard headed princess!
Funny too!
Luv ya, HRH Lenora!
dancernine

"Question your privilege"

#136650 - 01/06/08 03:16 AM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lynnie, you must have been AWOL a bunch of months (years?) back when I wrote about my 2 pair of 300 reading glasses that I wear over each other to do my daily tweezing ritual. I'm not big on beauty routines but black hair on light green skin is ...just...not...pretty. None on my cheeks but a little mustache and some on chin.

I haven't tried Nair or anything similar on my face because I tend to have allergy problems, and if my face gets a rash and my eyes swell shut, then I'll look a lot worse than I do with 20 hairs that are about a zillionth of an inch long.

About once a month, I gouge a tiny hole in my face from trying to tweeze a stubborn hair that doesn't want to come out. I'm trying to be less fanatical, but it's not easy.

Dancer, you'll laugh at this -- but when I started kindergarten, at age 5, one of the first things I noticed were that there were kids who DID NOT have hairy arms and legs! LOL

Meredith, who if you see me wearing long pants in the winter ... you can do the math!

#136651 - 01/06/08 01:58 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: meredithbead]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This thread is a riot! You gals are too funny. Lynne, you could braid the hair for a different look.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#136652 - 01/06/08 02:28 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good grief...I'm a redhead and I wish I HAD hair on my face. At least you could tell I had eyebrows! Geeish!

#136653 - 01/06/08 04:15 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Must be a real hassle to shave hair on arms.

I'm not super obssessive...I get around to plucking my eyebrows. Seems to me my hair growth all over is slowing down over the last 5 years. Seriously. I only shave underarms...hmmmmm...every 3-4 months and legs every 3-4 months. I only have hair growth on my front lower legs and knees. And as you all know, I wear shorts alot during warmer seasons.

This slowing down or near absence, is probably hereditary for me because my mother had the same thing happen to her as she aged. Not all my sisters are like me.

#136654 - 01/06/08 04:27 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: orchid]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Orchid, you have your underarms and legs every 3-4 months! You are my idol! Yes, Dancer, I wax my entire face, and sometimes I burn with the wax, and I do it every 4 weeks or so. Meredith, it's not funny, but I have gouged my face trying to remove a stubborn hair, or zit. And, believe it or not, I did too notice that other children did not have hair. Especially when I was 12. I was having the Confirmation. I was to wear flesh colored tights. When I put on the tights for a dress rehearsal, the hair on my legs swirled under the tights. So that is when my mother taught me how to shave my legs. When I was 15 she took me to her hairdresser to have my eyebrows shaped for the first time. My brows were like Brooke Shields. I was very unhappy as I did not want to pluck my brows, or shave my legs. The hair on my arms can grow 1-2 inches long, and sometimes I take scissors to reduce the length in summer. However, the hair on my head is so thin and fine. When I had chemo, I lost all the hair on my head, but no where else. Go figure! Hey, girlfriends, thanks for the talk. I never get to talk about this. Dancer, I get it, the barbie thing. Thanks

Edited by Princess Lenora (01/06/08 04:28 PM)

#136655 - 01/06/08 05:21 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Maybe we could all pool our excess hair together and go into the wig making business.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136656 - 01/06/08 11:00 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Anno]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I am sitting here laughing so hard my family asked what I was doing! It sounds funny but I know it is serious. WE all are getting hair in places we never knew we would.

I am not worried a great deal about it. I keep watch in the mirror for face hair and usually just use a hand shaver and get rid of them. Then I apply good moisture cream to the area. That is about as much as I am willing to do.

While I didn't have lots of hair on my body, when I put hose on as a young teen and the hair on my legs swirled underneath is the night I first shaved my legs. My mother was not happy with me as my twin and I are the babies of the family. She, however, came around to my knowing when it was time for me do shave under the arms and my legs.

Again, this is the best place to be where we can all understand each other at our ages.
www.tidedancer.com

#136657 - 01/06/08 11:30 PM Re: What an Idiot I can be! [Re: Sandpiper]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When I had chemo, I lost all the hair on my head, but no where else. (Princess Lenora)

Yeah, same here. I was on Adriamyecin/Cytoxin and was told that I'd lose it everywhere. I was so looking forward to not having to shave my legs!

Despite several trips to the emergency room and numerous other lovely stories, THAT, more than anything else, seemed unfair.

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved