The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#135483 - 12/29/07 10:39 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ann, I always wondered how a coach becomes a coach. I never knew about certified coaches. Can anyone practice coaching without the certification? Do you need any particular college degree? Am I right by assuming that this profession has developed only the last few years? I was just wondering about that.

If you write that book, then I know I want to buy it. Wow writing something positive every day is something I need to do. I love that concept. I really do.

#135485 - 12/30/07 04:13 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My goal is to learn how to quilt...I'm planning on attending the local Quilter's guild next month...when I looked at the photo online of the organization I thought...yep, I'll fit right in...gray hair, wrinkled and a place to rest my needle work...my belly.
The 2nd goal is to maintain my sense of humor when what I really want to do is go off on people who super annoy me.

Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with life.

#135486 - 12/30/07 03:49 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, Google coaching, and you can be more specific if you want. There are several coaching institutes. I think you might be able to become certified online.

However, there are coaches who coach about their area of expertise who are not certified. I've used a couple for my online business. They simply have tremendous knowledge in certain areas and charge to cut your learning curve because they've become proficient at what you need to know. I am going to be coached a little in 2008 on blogging by a professional blogger. I want to launch a blog that will feed off both sites because it helps with getting more Web traffic, but I want to know how to do it the right way before I get started so I have good results. I thnk it;s important to have some type of relationship with the coach before jumping in.

#135487 - 12/31/07 03:18 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, yippee! Hannelore, we have already sold one book!

Cerified, non-certified, life coaches, specialty coaches, career coaches, web coaches - we are all quite different and a fairly new phenomenon. Or should I say, the label is new. What Dotsie is talking about used to be called mentoring - passing knowledge around without putting your agenda in the mix.

What I do is more about facilitating a persons own thinking. You know how you are a frustrated artist, writer? A coach could help you focus your wants, help you create a plan for completion and walk you through the process.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved