The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#132481 - 11/25/07 04:44 PM Re: internet withdrawl.....a good or a bad thing? [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
As far as the internet goes, I can't live without it. My business is virtual so I am either online or checking email most of the day. I take a break at night and try not to come near my office, but sometimes I will if I've taken a chunk of time during the day to do something other than work.

I could certainly do without TV because as someone else said, there's not much to watch that interests me. My husband and son who is currently living home, love sports. I only watch with them if there is absolutely nothing else to do. However, when my son isn't home, I will occasionally watch just to keep hubby company.

Due to Comcast's stupidity, we were without a home phone for one whole month. We only had our cells, and I've got to tell you, other than being ticked with Comcast for lying day in and day out, I enjoyed the phone not ringing. Our house hadn't been that peaceful, ever. Only the people who knew our cell numbers could get in touch with us and that's all that really mattered.

So - I can't live without the internet,
can live without phone land line,
but do need a cell,
and can live without TV.

What else do you do while you are online? Do you play games, work, video chat, etc.?

#132482 - 11/26/07 04:38 AM Re: internet withdrawl.....a good or a bad thing?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
BWS of course
lots of web surfing -- SO MUCH information out there!
and MORE information -- can't help myself. I love having all of this at my fingertips.
I belong to one online writers' group
email, email, email
5 websites. doing large updates on jewelry sites the next few days.
reading about marketing my websites
for fun, I play moves on 6 online scrabble games during lunch every day I'm home.

Poet and essayist

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved