The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#132118 - 11/18/07 01:57 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

Last night we gathered to have a 60th birthday meal for a friend.All ladies who had worked in education.We looked back and spoke about now...All of us has fallen..me six weeks ago..trying to stabilish myself I ran forward like a bull at bull fight.My head banged a large cherry tree.The bleeding went on for a while.I was quite shaky. I had a sore head for a while that week.The scar is in my hairline.We were all laughing because no one had shared this before. Made me think that I hurried too much and should take more care.
How many of you ladies has had a fall ?.....
Mountain ash

#132119 - 11/18/07 06:46 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Just an FYI... instead of heat, you should apply cold (ice packs). My cousin, a sports chiroprator, shared this with me when I had tendonitis years ago. My more recent mishap, picking up my nine year old grandson, had me going to a local chiro. He also told me ice packs, and no heat (which is what I was using). So it must be a new way of thinking. Heat brings blood to the wound... the opposite of what you want if you want to reduce inflammation.

MA, I've not fallen much... but, if my family is any indication of what's in store, I expect to have a few throughout the remainder of my life. The thought scares me.

#132120 - 11/18/07 08:52 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
On my way down the back four stairs on the patio porch a few years back, I stepped on the third step from the bottom and went right through it, fell forward onto the concrete patio with my left foot, as my right was still in the broken stair. I ended up crawling out and up the steps and back into the house where I sat on the floor for quiet sometime in a fair amount of pain. Got up and for three days walked slowly using a walker I had here from my sister. MY ex stopped by, saw the walker, saw my lower legs and dragged me literally to the emergency room. This gorgeous young doctot walks in and says to my ex, "this must be one tough lady we have here." It seems the xrays showed one ankle was broken in two places, and the other, the most swollen and sore one (go figure) was badly sprained and I had several torn ligaments. I ended up in knee high cast for 8 weeks, and a boot thingy for another 6 weeks. OUCH!!! What a drag that was...

Edited by chatty lady (11/18/07 08:55 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#132121 - 11/18/07 09:12 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Thanks all....I don't feel so bad now! gimster, I am using ice packs and in between (an hour or two) I use moist heat, then lots of ibuprofen. Yes, the ice reduces the inflammation as does the ibuprofen. I walk like I'm 50 years older but hopefully I'll get back to normal soon...I can't afford to have any injuries right now! It's so easy to forget what you're doing and avoid being careful, sin't it?

#132123 - 11/18/07 09:24 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
UH-Humm, and just how does a 50 year old walk??? Bet I can run faster than most 30 somethings...And I ain't seen 50 in a dozen years or so...not very nice!!

Edited by chatty lady (11/18/07 09:25 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#132124 - 11/18/07 10:17 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Chatty, she said "50 ears older".... lol...
so that'd be in the hundreds, right lj?
you aren't there yet, chatty.... lol... are you? take off sprinting, you spring chicken, you!

#132125 - 11/18/07 11:31 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Yeah, I did say 50 years OLDER....hmmm....kinda like I'd walk when I'm 104. Anne, I'm with you....I won't be seeing ANYONE named Dr. Paine or old Dr. Popp over this way....no matter how good they might be!!

#132126 - 11/19/07 08:30 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ladyjane, I'm so sorry to read what happened to you. Honestly, all it takes is an instant and boom...things are changed. We both know our situations could be worse, but dang, pain is no fun. Watch you tummy with the Ibuprofen. I take four with meals, when I remember...

#132128 - 11/20/07 08:40 AM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
chiropractor been lifesavers in the past, the clicking and clinking noise use to worrie me, getting adjustments dune in the lower neck makes quite a noise. i also hope its getting easier for you dotsie back pains no fun and intrfears with so much movment and stuff to be doing, rest your back but keep mobile, spines need to move, i constantlie tell myself.(to get myself moving)

#132129 - 11/20/07 01:16 PM Re: Chiropractors! [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks ladies. I went yesterday and go again tomorrow. I'm getting stim and heat, ultrasound, and manipulations of each side. Woohoo!

Today is an off day. I'm curious to see how I feel be the end of the day.

Yesterday, I sat and worked until around 5:00. I really needed to get up and get moving. Since the weather was nasty, I went and walked for aobut 35 minutes at the mall before dinner and it felt so good. Plus, the festive Christmas mood was good for me too.

Ladyjane, how are you feeling?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved