The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#127930 - 09/28/07 09:01 PM Re: going grey [Re: orchid]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Wow. That is a thought-provoking article. I'm not going gray to where it's pretty. I'm getting lots of strays and the gray hair is a lot curlier, so my hair keeps getting bigger and bigger! lol! So I'm still having my hair highlighted. But it's getting to be more and more of a chore.

Anyone au naturel on the board?

#127931 - 09/29/07 12:19 AM Re: going grey [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I appreciate the beauty of all races. What a boring world it would be with just one kind.
I love to change my hair at whim. Right now its long and straight most of the time cut in layers of varying colors. The layers are shiny platinum blonde, light brown, medium brown and some auburn splashed in for highlights. My natural haircolor is probably medium brown but who knows...lol
I think "natural" is what you make it or want it to be. I wouldn't feel good about myself if I fit anyone's mold. If I wanted bright crimson hair, I'd do it but at work, its better to be reasonably acceptable.
I'm happy when people are happy with themselves au naturale. To each his own. I've seen those women who shave their eyebrows off and paint them on and then there was a toothpaste model at the dentists office the other day who had a moustache!! Who could possibly notice her pearly whites when all you could see were the prickly hairs protruding from her upper lip...yikes

#127933 - 09/29/07 07:43 PM Re: going grey [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Going grey suits me just fine. I got so tired of coloring my hair, whatever color I picked. Would I ever color it again? Possibly, but the color now suits my short doo, and my complexion, usually tan from the Nevada sunshine. To color or not to color, that is the question? Its a choice each makes for herself, but don't lets act like a person going grey is a bad thing, some look beautiful, some wouldn't no matter what color their hair was. After all beauty does come from within.

Edited by chatty lady (09/29/07 07:46 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#127934 - 09/29/07 09:55 PM Re: going grey [Re: NewLeaf]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
With all my experience in fashion and modeling, I find there are many different kinds of women and really, ever woman is different.There are those that can carry off the most outlandish colors in their hair and it looks like "them." There are also those who don't stray too far from natural because that is what looks best on them...
At times, culture enters into it. Some people who are from different cultures either can't pull off a look, (for example those of us who cannot go blond because our hair is too dark,) and those who, for personal and cultural reasons want their "look," to convey their culture.
More power too those who can make their hair any color they like, it's interesting to look at! In fashion, there are no rules, only personalities!'
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (09/29/07 09:58 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#127935 - 09/29/07 10:05 PM Re: going grey [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

You've got it, Orchid! In the modeling field and in the acting business may Asian women are having that operation to "open," their eyes.
I think they are beautiful the way they are and look, well, funny, after the surgery! Asian women, in my own opinion, in modeling, come off with a dignity that is very attractive.
In their acting, there is a certain dignity and intelligence that is attractive as well but they seem to have talent when they FINALLY are able to get into the main stream. Like every other race that is "different," it is hard to get parts, but not as hard to model if they have the height. Shorter Asian women have been used in print work more often Ihave noticed. I am a fan of using all races in fashion and did work with all of them, it seemed like the United Nations!
dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (09/29/07 10:09 PM)

#127936 - 09/30/07 03:31 PM Re: going grey [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I just have to put in something for "live and let live". Whatever makes you feel good or pretty..what do you think? Beauty comes from within too..I dye my hair.. never go out of the house without some make-up...and I would have breast implants if i had the money and energy to arrange it. I guess it´s priorities. But I can think it´s fun to see someone with fire engine red hair around my age (60)..even if it isn´t all that becoming..but perhaps that isn´t what they are actually considering. Maybe they are daring to have fun with color and make up etc. Just a thought.

#127937 - 10/01/07 01:48 PM Re: going grey [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I started the book last night and I can't wait to get back to it tonight:

Going Gray: What I Learned about Beauty, Sex, Work, Motherhood, Authenticity, and Everything Else That Really Matters (Hardcover)
by Anne Kreamer (Author)

#127938 - 10/01/07 03:55 PM Re: going grey [Re: orchid]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
It's a very personal choice, but I don't color my hair at all. And believe me, it is GRAY! Many of my friends tell me NOT to even think of dyeing it. I'm only in my forties. My family has the legacy of turning gray at a very young age. I am the only one in my age group (in my family) who does not dye the hair. I am OK with it and so is my beloved.
NABBW & NAWW

#127939 - 10/01/07 03:56 PM Re: going grey [Re: Songbird]
dancer9 Offline

Songbird,
Congratulations on your confidence and your natural beauty! I'm sure you are lovely with your gray hair! I admire women who can let their hair gray! I, too, went gray at young age but not completely. (The back of my hair is completely black as usual.) If I did not have the career I have had, I would have let it out when the first streak hit at 21! I do admire you and hope to join you soon! Gray hair is lovely.
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (10/01/07 03:59 PM)

#127940 - 10/01/07 05:04 PM Re: going grey [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I started getting highlights put into my red hair and I'm almost all blonde now. Guess we'll have to do the reverse and start doing red highlights. It does help me to fit into MN tho with all the blondes here.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved