The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#12203 - 01/18/06 03:57 AM Re: Taking Away the Car keys
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Carol that is so cool...and I bet lots of us can check with our own local hospitals and see if they offer this program.

In Daddy's case, it was dementia-related, and after watching him drive home from Wal-mart one day (about 10 miles) with HIS driver door open the entire way, and he didn't even know it, well...it was time to pull the keys. My sister was sent to find him and she ended up following him home.

Prior to this, he had one wreck and also ran into my ex-boyfriends WIFE's car in the Wal-mart parking lot.

You gotta know when to fold um....

But, for those who can still drive, this program you've mention does give hope to some!

JJ

#12204 - 01/18/06 05:49 AM Re: Taking Away the Car keys
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I saw a program on HGTV the other evening about a couple that sold their home in the country and bought an old store in the downtown section of a small town. They had it all remodeled and an area like a garden built that separated the front from the street making the entrance private, it was really nice. They did this because neither wanted to drive any longer and this way they were within walking distance to everything and that was so neat. They got the store which was closed for sometime for a song too. Wouldn't mind doing that myself.

#12205 - 01/21/06 12:02 AM Re: Taking Away the Car keys
catsferrets Offline

Loc: Northern VA, USA
I am struggling long distance with the driving issue. Mom (87) hasn't been driving lately due to the icy roads in SD, but I haven't been able to get her to give up the car completely. She is in a little town and her excuse is that she only drives to the grocery store, church, and the nursing home where my dad lives. People in town have told me that she drives right down the middle of the street, and that people know to stay out of the way when she is in her car. She is a very stubborn woman who knows her own mind, and is certain that she is just fine behind the wheel. I have been gently bringing up the fact that she should quit driving every week when I speak to her over the phone, and I am hoping that it is sinking in.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved