The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120744 - 09/03/07 01:10 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anne,
I've never had that happen to me! It seems very confusing and quite hard.
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#120745 - 09/05/07 09:12 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm not in constant pain but have been suffering from constant diarrhea. It's to the point that I'm getting worried and have a dr.'s appt next week. I thought it was my colitis again but my meds have done nothing to stop it and they usually start working in 2 days. I'm miserable and have to run to the bathroom twenty minutes after I eat. It's getting very old.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120746 - 09/06/07 01:29 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I'm glad you made an appointment. I've heard it's best to let it run it's course as opposed to taking things to stop it. You may want to ask your doctor what to do between now ans the time you see him. I'm sure you're eating bland foods.

#120747 - 09/06/07 09:09 PM Re: Chronic Pain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

It's been running it's course for well over one month now. At least I'm not gaining any weight! It doesn't matter what I eat, same results. Yuck.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120748 - 09/07/07 02:04 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I look forward to hearing what the doctor has to say.

#120749 - 09/18/07 08:31 PM Re: Chronic Pain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Have to have some tests done...ugh. She is trying some new meds on me tho.

Hey, sorry I haven't been here more often but I'm once again traveling tomorrow and my life has been seriously hectic. I'm pooped.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120750 - 09/19/07 01:00 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Dianne]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I feel your pain, ladies (no pun intended). It's been almost 3 years since the day I met the stupid elevator. I take pain meds, muscle relaxers, anti-anxiety pills, and recently added a sleep aid that doesn't work. I know that chronic pain (pain that doesn't heal in 3-6 months) causes emotional and mental stress that includes worry, doubt, over-thinking, deperession, self-esteem issues, and a bunch of other things I'm not even aware of even if I'm exeperience them, all of which add to the stress of constant pain by increasing and influencing the perception and behavior of the pain.
I just want to sleep at night!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#120751 - 09/19/07 02:01 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Saundra]
dancer9 Offline

Saundra,
I'm so sorry for you pain. I'm sorry you still suffer pain. Are you working on getting medicated against i?
I, too, suffer from Chronic Pain. I am medicated 24/7. Have you heard of the American Pain Foundation? They could be of some help to you... They have a web site and they address all aspects of Chronic Pain.
dancer9

#120752 - 09/19/07 04:57 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: dancer9]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Dancer,
you are certainly not alone judging by the previous posts.
I too have chronic pain which started as a result of falling head first into an empty swimming pool when I was 17 yrs old.

I broke 3 vertebrae in my back and neck, and have developed spondilitis (degenerative disk disease in my spine) over the years since. The doctors told me I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40.

I'm now 48 and I believe nothing is impossible.
(Not that there is anything wrong with being in a wheelchair, it just wasn't on my map).

I have tried muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory meds, and other such things. I now find acupuncture wonderful.

I have probably been through similar ups and downs to others who have posted here, but truely the 2 things that serve me the best, is a positive attitude, and friends & family for support.

You have lots of friends here for support who know what you are going through. Stay positive, stay strong, look to the future.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#120753 - 09/20/07 12:19 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: SharonE]
dancer9 Offline

Sharon,
Thank you for your post. It is nice to know I'm not alone in this, yes.
I am so sorry for your pain and it sounds as if you and I are injured in the same area. The first blow to my neck fractured C5. I was 14 the first time I broke my neck so I've been in pain for a very long time. I fell again a few years ago and that is what put me over the top.

I am just grateful there are medications to make our lives worth living! I'm thankful for the treatments.

You've given my the idea of having more acupuncture! It worked for me as well but I only had it twice!

Do you require any pain medications as well? I'm just wondering how you control your pain.

Again, thank you for this post, it did make me feel more welcome and certainly told me that I am not alone. I have noticed there are a few of us on the forum.

dancer9

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved