The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#116319 - 04/28/07 02:30 AM Re: Emptying the well within
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Dotsie, Today is my son's birthday. We went out to dinner with him and his girlfriend, my daughter and her husband, and 3 couples that are his best friends. I was telling my daughter about that post I made. She reminded me that my son left first and then I was gone most of the time and SHE had the house to herself. (and loved it) No empty nest for her. But then her brother moved back in and later Gina and I both moved out. We both agreed that we don't think he suffered from empty nest.

#116320 - 05/04/07 12:55 PM Re: Emptying the well within [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, what a great thing to do with a grown son on his birthday. Don't you just love being around those young adults?

#116321 - 05/05/07 12:30 AM Re: Emptying the well within
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It was great, but us old folks were the first to leave

#116322 - 05/05/07 01:21 AM Re: Emptying the well within [Re: Louisa]
flowerqueen Offline

Loc: Maryland
At work we all have kids about the same age. ST and I both sent our kids to college the same September. ST was dreading her son being gone, I could not wait for my daughter to leave- she was so excited to be going so I was happy for her. It all came apart (and so did I) a few weeks after she left as I cried and cried on ST's shoulder about how much I missed my daughter.
I am happy to say she has graduated from college now, has a full time job, living in Washington DC and paying her own way. Hooray- one gone -one to go.
I don't think the next one will be so easy to launch! The tears I have cried over him are a different kind. I am amazed at how two children raised in the same environment by the same parents can be so different!

#116323 - 05/07/07 08:05 PM Re: Emptying the well within [Re: flowerqueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Flowerqueen! We're so happy you've joined us. Now help out this partial blonde here; what is ST? Sister maybe? I'm not up on the lango...

And I totally understand the tears of a different kind. Totally!

#116325 - 05/08/07 04:29 PM Re: Emptying the well within
backhandgrip Offline

Loc: Northeast U.S.A.
I'm very sorry you feel so sad when your son leaves home after a visit with you.You must look at the positive. Look at how strong and handsome and independent he is! This is hard thing to come to grips with but ," We raise them to set them free." I know it is painful. We long for the days when we were needed and valuable and busy and young. But to all things there is a season. And it is a wonderful thing to see the end work, a true masterpiece!

#116326 - 05/10/07 01:00 AM Re: Emptying the well within [Re: backhandgrip]
ShirleyValentine Offline

I fully expect to cry when I have to leave my son in the UK and fly back to Italy, but I also know it will do him the world of good, and help him grow and I suspect he will be happier over there where there is more on offer for young people, and more stimulating for someone like him.

I kind of wish I was going over to stay too...

#116327 - 05/10/07 02:04 PM Re: Emptying the well within [Re: ShirleyValentine]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have to share with you all what I did yesterday - a very rainy day here - which touched me heart in a way that I thought I'd burst.

We are having a Mother's Day get together, and as I always do, I buy a card and a small token gift for each 'mother' that will be here. I stumbled upon a card that was meant for a child to give to a mother. It was a child in diapers, coloring all over the walls and furniture of a room. The baby is saying "One day, many years from now, we'll look back at this and laugh."

I have an old fading picture of my youngest standing next to the wall in my bedroom where he had scribbled with my lipstick - and he's proud as a peacock. It wasn't too funny then - but time has made in into a precious memory.

Well, I bought that card. Then sat and plowed through a huge box of pictures to find the The One. This is where I always hate myself for not doing a better job with the tons of pictures stashed away in boxes. (I'm a virgo, but did not get that organizational trait) So, for the next few hours, I looked at every picture of my precious babies (now 30 and 33) This was the most wonderful Mother's day gift I could have ever received in a fancy wrapped box.

So, I wrote a letter to him, thanking him for letting me be his Mother for the past 30 years. I can't imagine life without them. I don't know what he will think - but I just couldn't resist.

Now, I have to find a card that is fitting for the other son. That will not be hard - he has so many loving ways that I'm sure I won't have any trouble.

So - here's a thought ladies. Dig out the box, album whatever you have and relive those years that you thought would never end. (Bring the kleenex, too....) I think you will find it a moving, emotional way to celebrate Mother's day. I believe that at some level, we are chosen to be their moms because they know we will love and cherish them forever. I didn't chose them - they chose me - WOW - what a thought. Now, I crying again......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved