The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#110326 - 03/20/07 01:09 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Anno]
Emyjay Offline

Well, I like Patsy Cline and she probably would have loved those lyrics. What a hoot!

I'm still the same way. Having my evaluation today, which does not make me happy as I do not get along at all with my boss. Well, I get along with her - she doesn't get along with me.

Still trying to get a Dr. Really feel like my meds need to be adjusted.

Still don't feel like housework or cooking.

If anyone else has been in a "stuck" situation like I'm in, how did you break out of it? I'm talking to myself, but myself doesn't seem to be listening!!

Hope Anne is doing okay. Bless her heart.

Beautiful weather today. Will take the kids outside. But would rather be inside stariing at a tv program. But, I'm sure some little one will do something to make me laugh. They always do!

Thanks to all who keep writing to me. I need your support. Really.

Emily in Maryland

#110327 - 03/20/07 05:42 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Quote:

If anyone else has been in a "stuck" situation like I'm in, how did you break out of it? I'm talking to myself, but myself doesn't seem to be listening!!

ts so hard to rember and i don't think it was down to any one thing, think i got depressed with being depressed,....Seriouslie i seattled to waitting (knew it was a time thing) even though it was like waitting was the hardest thing to do. I have quite a practicale and have to be pro-active in doing something...the waiting drove me mad becouse it felt like i was doing nuthing eventhough i was doing something....

I decided it may take some time and bore that in mind but decided i was gonna get better. Now i know it wasen't and isen't that simple but somewear along the line that decision filtered throw to somethig..so even on the days i felt like i was taking a steap backwards i viewd it as just how i was on that day BUT I was still getting better. For me motivasion was a big thing so i force myself to eat, force myself to take walks, force myself to increas vitamines etc even when that seemed like the last thing on earth i wanted to do i litrialie forced myself to take a tinie steap each day towards being more healthie....

One day i noticed that i had gotten a lot better maybee dind't relise it straight away but when i did relise it i acknologed it and kept on doing what i was doing. Mosty of the time i was too numbed out to cry or talk about my loss but even that changed and i felt emotion apart from the desolasion and isolasion their was a whole load more in their and i set about that...

so just for today make a tinie goal and then come hell or high make sure you do it...you get to acnolage, even if you can't feel, the achivment...

#110328 - 03/22/07 01:08 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Working in the yard always helped me. Reading did too but only fun books. I read a book called A Return to Love that helped me a lot. I hope you can get your meds adjusted.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#110329 - 03/22/07 02:45 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Dianne]
Emyjay Offline

Still here. Couldn't make it to work yesterday, but am going to go this afternoon. I figure if I fall apart, they can haul me away from there as soon as they can haul me away from here!

I am having a terrible time deciding on which therapist to turn to. It's really hard to start all over. I talked to two over the phone, just to feel them out. I do, as some of you know, have spiritual issues (strong ones) and have never been able to resolve them. One of the counselors is, as a minister told me, "faith based." I don't know about this, although I did question her over the phone about whether or not she's dealth with people with this kind of problem. She said she had, but I'm not sure. Just not sure. She's a licenced social worker, who is knowledgeable about meds. It could be very good for me.

The other lady, I haven't spoken with yet.

I'm feeling particularly scared about this decision, because I think I'm so vulnerable right now. Dont 'want to go backward on the faith issue, which I was beginning to go forward on.

Any thoughts? Should I keep searching?

Emily

#110330 - 03/22/07 05:21 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emily, you should find a councillor whom you feel very comfortable with. I believe you could reach out and confide in one better if you are completely comfortable. One that is knowledgable about your meds is very important also. Hopefully you will find someone like this. Keep looking, yet don't take too long, stay on your meds, continue coming here and posting. We want to know how you are doing all the time.

#110331 - 03/22/07 05:33 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Emily, a good counselor, or therapist, should be able to help you through anything and be non-judgmental about where you are coming from when you share.

It may help to share my recent story regarding medication.

I have been taking an anti-depressant for years. I have tried to go off of them, but to really bad results. I believe you said you have chronic depression, which is what I have been diagnosed with.

Well, just 3 weeks ago, when I went to have my prescription renewed, my doctor told me my insurance no longer has the one I have taken for the past 5 years on their formulary. Seems, it has gotten expensive, and they won't cover it anymore. Anyway, the insurance company decided what drug I should take.

It took 3 weeks for the change to finally kick in. I was on the verge of tears, cranking at anything and everything and thought of murder more than once. And I hadn't even stopped taking them, so residuals were still in my body.

It takes time. The meds may be at the wrong dose, the wrong type, but no matter what, it takes time.

I agree with everyone above this post - find something funny, people that are fun and make you laugh, JJ's book, ANYTHING that makes you get those endorphines kicking in. Did you know that you can just start laughing and it is contageous, even for yourself? I tried a laughing meditation once - it helped.

Bless you my dear. You will find your way out of this dark tunnel.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110332 - 03/22/07 06:55 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

ANNO the insurances companie decides what anti-d you take...Thats bad enough but to come off a substances that one has taken for 5 yrs all at once even to change to another is wild...the come down and related feelings must have been driving you nuts, seems that way the way you have described it.....whish you had said...i would have given you a list of names and a shotgun ....hehehe no i wouldnt but i might have told you some realiee naff jokes....
well hope new meds are ok for you and you are seattling into them ok...

#110333 - 03/22/07 07:17 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Isn't it amazing how the insurance companies run the medical field here? I was amazed not only that they did this, but, like you, Celtic, at how there was no weaning off of one and on to the other. Bad medical practice, this is for sure.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110334 - 03/22/07 07:23 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

it is bad and potencialiie harmfull....the power of the insurances comp. over the midical world a new concept to me , i didnt know they had THAT much power.

bad medical practices is about the kindest thing i would say about it...I have a few ruder unkind thing to say too

#110335 - 03/22/07 07:33 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

i once went down dose by 35mg a week it was horrendis...the chemist was shocked...did i have a clue at the time no, thought i was lossing it and it was down to a weekness in my carticter....then po tells me your only ment to go down 35mg per mounth and even at that some people need short hospital stay....I didn't know to aske for a tranquiliser or to slow down the lower of dosage. or even to aske for it to go down slower..i just done what i was told and it was absolute hell...i rember thinking "whats up with you" i was so close to constant bad tempeer and didn't know why....well i glade you out the other end of it now...

Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved