The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#106236 - 02/05/07 07:32 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: celtic_flame]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Eagle Heart, reading your post gave me goosebumps!!! I don't presume to know why such gifts are given to us but your meeting in the mall was certainly extraordinary. if I may ask, I assume that in your most depressed state, you felt a lack of hope. If that was ever your feeling, how did you regain a sense of hope and work your way beyond hopelessness?

#106237 - 02/05/07 07:36 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: whittlewoman]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,

What a beautiful story of God in action!

#106238 - 02/05/07 09:07 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Whittlewoman, I'd like to wait until this evening to answer you on that. But in a nutshell, it was a long road, involving a lot of hard work untangling my mangled thinking, shining the Truth of being loved into the darkness of many detrimental lies that I had believed since early childhood, and allowing the continous succession of caring mentors who companioned me along the way to "love me back to life".

(Maya Angelou)

#106239 - 02/05/07 09:27 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Eagle Heart]
madhatter Offline

Loc: North Florida
I often wonder if the divine being shakes his/her head when we say "I just happened to bump into so-and-so"?

#106240 - 02/06/07 02:03 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: madhatter]
Eagle Heart Offline

My healing began and my life began turning around when I finally believed that God really loves me, more than I can imagine, is on my side, rooting me on, and will ALWAYS put into my life everything I need for whatever part of the journey I'm on. He uses people, music, books, doctors, medications, TV shows, the Internet - BWS - you-name-it - whatever He knows will reach, heal, help and en-courage me to stay the course. When I grasped that truth and claimed His unconditional love for myself, it changed EVERYTHING - how I hear, see, search and lean against everything in my life as His love in action. It's not always easy, but I know without doubt now that I never walk alone, that He has indeed put into my life everything I need to make it through. For me, there are no co-incidences.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/06/07 02:05 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#106241 - 02/06/07 02:12 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Quote:

do you know she just might off been the very person you needed to see on that day too. if she that dedicated a doc then maybee she was down or feeling the weight of some of her responcibilities....So seeing you alive fit and well might of been just the toonic she needed too, could of been a two way thing, just a thought

Celtic, although it surprised me to see that, I think that you're right. My husband had never met her before, and when I introduced them, I described Dr C as the woman who saved my life. She quickly deflected that and said, "No YOU saved yourself", but I wouldn't let her get off that easily. As we chatted, I mentioned to her how much her words and wisdom continue to mentor me, even though we haven't seen each other in ten years. I also told her that so much of my life now is dedicated to somehow "paying it forward" - that the love and care she poured into me back then is the same love and care that I now try to ripple into the lives and hearts of the people in my life. She had tears in her eyes and said something - I can't remember the exact words - but the essence of it was that she seemed to be glad to hear that her life had made a difference. I was stunned to hear her say that, since her life had made ALL THE DIFFERENCE to me, not only after the overdose, but in the two years prior to that, when I was struggling so hard against the ever-spiralling depression and hopelessness. I would never have made it through those two years without her caring support.

Anyway, I came away from the encounter with the same sense as you mentioned, that perhaps it had been a good "God-incident" for both of us.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/06/07 02:16 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#106242 - 02/06/07 02:30 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Eagle Heart]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Eagle Heart you probably made her day too. I'm sure she was floating on cloud nine after leaving you. Just knowing how much she helped you and how you've grown from it was, I'm sure, an uplifting experience for her as well. Lovely story.

Laurel

#106243 - 02/17/07 01:58 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Laurel]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
eagle
"paying it forwared" i dont know if thats a common term weer you are but i not sure i have been concise of it before but what a great way to describe allowing a pice of love into your body hart and mind letting it dwell their then spill forwared onto someone else....Hay you may just set up a chain reaction that travels around the world...one drop starts a tidel wave of love. I certinly be up for being washed in that one.

their always a lovely thoughtfull softness with your post that is consistent. eagle its an impresive privlige to read your thoughts and your attitudes. Your one of the people (and their has/are others heer) that say your god centred then deminstrate it time and time again....and whats clear is your ability and proficency to deminstrate it....
hope it aint patrinision but just wanted to add that your vision and self-goals for passing on that love really are being relized throw you. Thats the presence of the devine, in action, manifest on earth...

all power to you eagle
celtic

#106244 - 02/17/07 02:29 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Celtic, this is one of the toughest nights I've had to endure in quite a long time...much fear regarding my brother entering a very precarious stage of treatment tomorrow morning. The pain is raw, the fear is breathtaking, but I'm determined to make hope and faith my focus and strength and be a beacon of light and life for him throughout the coming week. And I've been praying for the past hour or so for help in changing my focus from grief to hope, and from being sucked in by fear to radiating light and faith that we will make it through okay.

You have no idea how uplifting your words are to me tonight...I shared in one of my other Feb 5th posts that God just seems to know how to reach me, and tonight your words are His way of bringing consolation and encouragement to my aching heart. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, because they helped to remind me that there IS power in this Eagle's heart, and it will carry me/us through whatever we have to get through this coming week.

(Maya Angelou)

#106245 - 02/17/07 11:07 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i am glade that your manajing as usule to radiate love and light eagle even though its bound to be terribly painfull for you at the minuet...

i am so sorry that it is so painfull for you, so very sorry...you and your brother are such a blessing for each other...i hope it gets easier for you both and the precarious stage of treatment gets passed by easily..

best of love eagle as as usule if you don't mind i will join in on the praying for your brother and for you

good bless
celtic

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved