The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#105900 - 02/21/07 05:21 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lead by example. I truly do not believe we can CHANGE other people. And I don't believe it is our "job" to do so.

But, I DO believe that we can help others looking for answers, or a better way to live, by the example we set in our own day-to-day living.

Therefore, I try to live one that shows the positive side of life, or live in gratitude, or happy, happy, happy (not perky, I don't do perky) and I try to lead one that I wouldn't mind Mamma finding out about...you know?

Make sense?

#105901 - 02/21/07 06:15 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
On top of "lead by example", add:
Don't patronize.
Don't ostracize.
Don't criticize.
Don't proselytize.
DO try to understand what makes the person negative.

Just my thinking - things that would help me.

#105902 - 02/21/07 07:17 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great thoughts.

One never knows the seeds they are planting for others by the way they choose to live their lives. I can think of several women who live in optimistic lives and I want to be like them.

Edited by Dotsie (02/21/07 07:17 PM)

#105903 - 02/22/07 08:28 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Hannilore
the negative peson can change but only if they are a lightbulb lol. ...sorry but only if they want too...I do belive people can change more or less anything about themselfs lol i dont hold for the leopard and their spots therie

But if ones leading by example JUST for someone to follow then into change thats more than likly setting up scope for resentment in the future.

Live your life and if its an example for someone then all the better for you and them...

or pay their counselling bill lol

celtic

#105904 - 02/22/07 09:07 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: celtic_flame]
KathyScherer811 Offline

SOME WAYS FOR REFRAMING YOUR THOUGHTS:
FEBRUARY 22nd

Stop complaining and start praising.

Focus on what is good instead of what is bad.

When you have a problem, count your blessings.

Be grateful in advance for all the things you want to happen in your life.

Be grateful for what you have, and do not dwell on what you don't have.

If in a distressed state, ask yourself "what can I be grateful for now."

Focus on your gifts instead of things that undermine your happiness.

Eileen and Kathy

#105905 - 02/22/07 09:30 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

When I said lead by example, I meant live your life the way you want to. And not FOR others but for yourself. If its a good example, all the better because it is as Dotsie said, you never know who might be watching (such as your children, grandchildren, co-worker, spouse) and emulate your life and style.

TODAY: My coffee pot of 10 years die on me. BEFORE I got my coffee. It's 3:25 in the afternoon and I haven't killed anybody yet. I didn't even kick the dog. What I DID do is say, "hey great! Now I can get that new coffee pot I've been wanting! Wuhooo!"

Course, I did lick the old filter. What? I'm kidding. But I did stuff my mouth with chocolate. Hey, a girl's gotta get her caffeine, k?

#105906 - 02/23/07 03:18 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: jawjaw]
KathyScherer811 Offline

SOME NOTICEABLE CHANGES WHEN PRACTICING GRATITUDE:
FEBRUARY 22nd

You start to appreciate ordinary things.

You will feel more calm and peaceful.

You will become more aware of the beauty of nature.

You will realize that all experiences are blessings.

You will spend less time in worry and fear.

You will feel more spiritually connected.

You will notice that the list of things to be grateful for is endless.

Eileen and Kathy

#105907 - 02/23/07 07:36 PM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: KathyScherer811]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm here to tell you, this concept works.
For those not accustom to it (ummm, that would be me), it may take a while, but eventually it comes more naturally.
I pissed and moaned when a certain person called this morning, but after I got off, I was grateful it was a short call - she ended the call, which is unusual.

#105908 - 02/24/07 01:40 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: gims]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Way cool!

#105909 - 02/24/07 04:02 AM Re: Gratitude Works, Katherine Scherer and Eileen Bodo [Re: Jane_Carroll]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea good list felt more calmer as i read it

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved