The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#104513 - 01/26/07 01:11 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh Robin, you didn't hurt my feelings - not in the least! I don't know how to explain my need to post other than to say that I swear that I heard my mother whispering in my ear "you're not just going to leave it at that, are you?" I had logged off the computer TWICE but the guilt of not defending her got to me. I spoke out more to silence my own guilt.

Robin, you're a warm, caring friend - please don't even think for a moment that I took offense in any way - I think I was already feeling a bit guilty for painting my Mom in such a negative light and would have felt the need to explain anyway.

(Maya Angelou)

#104514 - 01/26/07 01:19 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: Eagle Heart]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Eagle,
I'm so relieved that you realized that I meant you and your mother no harm, but I will be more careful in my replies from now on.

#104515 - 01/26/07 01:28 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I knew the comment was tongue-in-cheek...and I don't ever want you to stifle your humour Robin. This was entirely my own history at play here - it just shows me that in some ways I'm still not fully healed where my relationship with my Mom is concerned - I still let her push my buttons - but since she's gone, it has to be my own mind that's pushing those guilt buttons now, and that's good to know, because I was never able to change my Mom's behaviour but I CAN change my own now.

Robin, you're a treasured friend and beloved sister - I LOVE your presence in my life and never want you to feel like you can't joke around me. I need humour in my life - and I need you!

(Maya Angelou)

#104516 - 01/26/07 01:38 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: Eagle Heart]
TVC15 Offline

Thank you Eagle. I feel the same towards you.

#104517 - 01/26/07 08:14 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: TVC15]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Anno, my husband does the same thing -- endless sampling of food to the point where he makes a complete meal of it. It's embarrassing, I've spoken to him about it, but he insists that it's OK so I just walk to another part of the store so I don't have to watch.

I've luckily not had the wear-and-return problem with my jewelry, but occasionally items are stolen. It shakes me up. Just a few times I've caught the thief, and given them verbal grief for the stress they gave me.

Poet and essayist

#104518 - 01/26/07 11:30 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i was once at a fast food place and my mum wrapped the ashtray in a napkin and put it in her bag....i almost chocked on my food.....(i was a teenager) in the car afterwards i asked her why she just said she din't know but she liked the look of it, then i noticed a whole lot more of thse strange wee ashtrays lol....hardley makes her bonnie or clyde or a hardended theif, but i was quite shocked.....especilly couse it was in contridiction to all she drummed into us all our life, and it was my MUM. ..Think first time i saw her as human!!

i buy bannaas weigh and price them then feed them to l as we shop it keeps him quite....I eat smoked makeral then give the emphty packet to the cashier at the till...iv never been stoped or questioned in a supermarket for it yet, maybee the store dectectives know me by now

celtic_flame

#104519 - 01/26/07 11:37 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: TVC15]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hannelore, you're too funny (I almost peed in my pants just thinking about being on stage). You'd probably love it if you tried it.

About the grapes, I do a taste sample of one from one pack at the produce market to know if I want to buy some. They leave the bags open so you can try them. That isn't stealing, is it?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#104520 - 01/27/07 02:48 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: Saundra]
TVC15 Offline

The super market I shop at leaves a bowl of cut up, seasonal or on sale fruit out for sampling. Even has a sign there asking you to try some.
I usually don't sample, afraid of germs. They leave toothpicks there for people to use but who knows?

#104521 - 01/27/07 03:28 PM Re: I stopped stealing... [Re: TVC15]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, I would have done the same thing. I'm freaked out petrified of the whole stealing thing.

Dianne, I know someone who stole salt and pepper shakers from restaurants. I could never figure out why. I don't think he ever did it when he was with us but we would tease him about taking anything off the table. We'd joke about boosting the little lantern or vase of flowers, etc. Crazy.

Eagle, you need to write that up and submit it. It'a a lovely story. IS ther any way you could go back to that house and ask the woner if it was still there. I want you to have it!

Hannelore, I've heard of women wearing clothes and returning them. It toally grosses me out.

Kathy, why did she steal the bra? I would have been petrified.

Every now and then while food shopping early on a Saturday morning, I'll take a fresh donut and put it in the bag, then eat it. I'll show the cashier the bag and tell her what I ate. I'm always paranoid that the bag will fall on the floor and I'll get caught shoplifting. Can you tell I'm nuts about this topic?

However, we have taken hotel towels too. never with the intention that I wnat a new set of twoels. Heck no. But just to wrap something wet.

TVC, I eat any sample that isn't nailed down without thinking about germs.

Fun topic.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved