The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 49 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#102208 - 01/11/07 11:02 PM Re: bellsouth/DSL-bad [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I talked to the DSL people who said I cannot use DSL without Windows XP and sent me a shipping label by email instead of buying me a new computer or upgrading mine like I asked if they would. I did so ask! I kept the BellSouth unlimited long distance plan ($19.99/mo with no extras) and cancelled everything else. Bright House will be here next Tuesday (my next day off) to install Roadrunner, which will work with Windows 98. Kathy, I was so disappointed I almost cried but yelled instead. After reading about JJ's experience, I'm glad I refused the cell phone. JJ, they didn't say anything about qualifying for cell calls. Glad I missed that bullet.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#102209 - 01/13/07 04:05 PM Re: bellsouth/DSL-bad [Re: Saundra]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've never spoken with a person who did the bundle thing without problems. I'm going to steer clear of this.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102210 - 01/13/07 06:21 PM Re: bellsouth/DSL-bad [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not only that...(here I go again) but they screwed up my "SPAM" stuff so badly that after a long, long, period of using them, all of a sudden I couldn't get emails from my closest of co-workers (like Dotsie) or many others. When I called to find out why, BellSouth said, "Oh, we changed the way it does it...you'll have to either trust us (that'll be a cold day in Hades) or change your settings and go in and check the SPAM folder yourself all the time."

I was dumbfounded. I said, "Uh, 'cuse me...but you have a job because of ME and people like ME. You couldn't send us an email and inform us that you were changing things? I've spent the last three days trying to figure out why my mail system wasn't working!" I was furious. They said, "we didn't think we needed to..." Well duh?

So I chose Option #2...I did my own settings and go in and check and delete SPAM.

I'm telling ya...if a company comes along that REALLY listens to their cutomers, I'm sooooooooooo there!

#102211 - 01/14/07 03:54 PM Re: bellsouth/DSL-bad [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I've been reading this topic with interest. We have DSL through a local ISP that's a woman-owned business. I have been with this ISP for years and love them. My business web stuff is also through them. When they messed up once they gave me two months free because it was their error. Our local phone co is Qwest - don't like them much as we always have trouble getting through to them and getting things fixed. But we have long distance through Working Assets. I like them because they give a percentage of every bill to charities, and once a year we get to vote on the charities to get money for the next year. We can 'round up' our bill if we choose so that extra money goes to the charities. They also have cell phone plans, but we haven't signed up for that yet.

Cable internet access is not necessarily better than DSL because you're actually sharing a line with your neighbors who also have cable internet access, so the speeds can be quite slow if everyone's online at the same time. DSL is a dedicated line for only your household. I was surprised to learn this in my tech class as I always thought cable would be faster.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved