The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12431 - 03/24/06 08:35 AM Need help with book on caring for parents
Stacey Offline

Hi, my name is Stacey Shannon and I am a free-lance journalist based in Indiana. I recently talked with Dotsie who said it would be OK for me to post in here.

I’m looking for empty nesters who might be interested in answering a few questions for me. As a free-lancer, I’m working with a book publisher called Hundreds of Heads Publishing. They make a series of books that use quotes from “regular” people who have been there, done that. They’re advice books that are kind of like “Chicken Soup for the Soul” meets the Dummies books.

Right now I’m working on "How to Survive Your Aging Parents." I’m looking for people who might be interested in answering questions on this topic. Questions range from how to handle inevitable changes, how to deal with financial issues, how to find help for older adults, how to work out transportation issues and so on.

I can only use three quotations per person per book, so I would have only three or four questions for each person. The quotations can range in length from one or two sentences to a paragraph. I send the questinos through e-mail or we can find a time to talk on the phone. It’s whatever is easiest.

If you’d like to check out more information about Hundreds of Heads Publishing, you can visit them online at http://www.hundredsofheads.com. For more information about me and my free-lance work, you can visit my own site at http://www.writtencreations.net.

You can choose how you'd like your name to appear in the book. I can use your full name, first name only, initials or you can chose to be anonymous. That’s completely up to you. The only other thing I will need is for you to complete a short form giving me permission to use your comments in the book.

Please feel free to respond to this post or contact me through e-mail at stacey@writtencreations.net. I'm also working on a book title, "How to Survive Your Empty Nest" if anyone is interested in answering questions for that. (You can answer for both topics, if you'd like.)

Thanks so much for your time and have a good day!

#12432 - 03/24/06 04:22 AM Re: Need help with book on caring for parents
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stacey, you may want to search our fourms for empty nest posts and contact the women who posted through the site. Just another thought.

#12433 - 04/04/06 03:28 AM Re: Need help with book on caring for parents
Maritza Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Hi Stacey,

My name is Maritza, I am have 2 posts, 1. on forced guardianship in Florida, 1. on How to deal with Frustration against all odds. I would be happy to particitape in your work. I sure fit both of your profiles...I hope I can be of some help. You can contact me at mtvsairam@aol.com

By the way, my only daughter's name is Stacey !

#12434 - 04/05/06 07:43 AM Re: Need help with book on caring for parents
Stacey Offline

Hi, Maritza. Thanks for responding. I'll be sending you an e-mail shortly.

Sounds like you have a lovely daughter! [Smile] (I also like that you spell it the "right" way!) [Smile]

#12435 - 04/05/06 03:32 AM Re: Need help with book on caring for parents
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In answered the call and hope the answers were of some help. There are many of you who can contribute to the Caring for Parents article I bet. I know trhere are more Empty Nesters out there....

#12436 - 04/05/06 05:36 PM Re: Need help with book on caring for parents
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't do the empty nest until the fall, and that's if both go away to school.
[Wink]

#12437 - 04/05/06 06:18 PM Re: Need help with book on caring for parents
Stacey Offline

You all have been so wonderfully supportive with this. I appreciate any and all help! [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved