The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 66 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82745 - 07/15/06 12:24 AM Root Canal...yuk!
Pam R. Offline

Just had one done yesterday after weeks of complaining to my dentist. He kept trying to avoid the inevitable but by yesterday I was climbing the walls...couldn't wait for him to do it! Imagine, I was begging for a root canal?! I feel so much better today. Go back next week for the rest of it, then starts the crown preparation. Now I just have to rob a bank to pay for it all. Wow, even with dental insurance this is quite an expense. Oh well, just venting!

#82746 - 07/15/06 12:36 AM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: Pam R.]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I hear ya PamR. My sister works for a dentist and I get the family discount and STILL have to rob Peter to pay Dentist.
It's a good thing they give hand waxes, back massages, and gifts plus the homemade chocolate chip cookies....if they didn't, well they'd never get my moola...
JJ

#82747 - 07/15/06 01:33 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
JJ, are you serious?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82748 - 07/15/06 03:04 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
JJ's never serious, are you JJ? And even when she is, she still throws a dash of humor into the mix.

(a hand wax????)

#82749 - 07/15/06 03:52 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Only this time I am. They have a playroom, playstation, and fish aquarium. They put you in a dental chair that has a back massager, but before they do, they dip your hands in this delicious wax (parafin hand wax) and put the celo paper and soft gloves on you. So you're laying there with hands in these soft gloves, back being massage, and then Dr. Death comes in and works on your teeth. Oh you also have the option of a foot massager as well.

When finished, they removed the gloves and wax and your hands feel like silk. Your back has been properly massaged and you feel 16...Okay, 25 at best...but then, as you leave and are paying your bill, they have coffee, bottled water, and/or homemade chocolate chip cookies for your pleasure. Oh, and I almost forgot...a little gift. Every time I go the gift is something different. One time it might be a nail kit, (nice one too) or a boy/girl scout knife, etc..etc...all kinds of things. Always something nice and NOT cheap.

Don't ask me how they do it, but they do...course they're waiting list is unbelievable...They all wear these headsets and so all of their hands are free to work on patients or give a scared child a hug. They talk among themselves with these headsets and you never know it. They have TVs and music in every room, too. Both dentists are precious...full of personality and care so much about their patients. I can honestly say they give each patient loving treatments. Absolutely. I've watched them many a time and was so impressed with their attitudes and natures. They are also just the cutest things you've ever seen. Here's a funny one. Dr. Death (as I lovingly call him to his face) has a partner now, Dr. Gillespie, and we found out that she is the daughter of a woman who grew up across the street from me. Her Mom and I use to terrorize the neighborhood! It was such fun when we found out we had a person in common that we loved, her Mother!

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.cosmeticdentistryshoals.com/main.php

JJ

#82750 - 07/15/06 04:09 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm moving back to 'bama so I can go to that dentist!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#82751 - 07/15/06 04:17 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh and if you want to see my sister Amy, go here:

http://www.cosmeticdentistryshoals.com/about/staff.php

She's the office manager and is the one sitting on the very front with her hand on her knee. (Instead of a banjo, I suppose)

JJ

#82752 - 07/15/06 05:46 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Wow, that would be worth moving to Alabama for! I really thought you were joking. My best friend manages a dental office, and they treat their employees really well. After five years, you get a cruise; after ten, you get a trip somewhere; after 15, another cruise; and at 20 - which she is at this year - a trip to anyplace in the world!!

The office is very nice, but they don't offer perks to their patients like yours does. Wow!

Of course, my cheapo dental insurance won't let me go to places that are really nice like yours, JJ. You better have one heck of a beautiful white smile when I finally meet you. Geeze, I'd go to the dentist just to get the massage and the cookies!

Kathy

#82753 - 07/15/06 06:20 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My old dentist retired and the new woman dentist's practice is not quite as luxurious (sp?) as JJs, but they have tvs in the rooms, a computer in the waiting room, back massagers and comfortable leather sofas. I didn't like the marketing aspect of it and changed dentists at one point. I went back after the new dentist informed me that she only uses the silver fillings to replace old ones. Well, I don't want a silver/dark teeth, especially in the front.

I have had a few root canals and quite a few crowns and spent a small fortune on my teeth. My son never had a cavity up until he graduated from h.s. He had perfect teeth and lucky for us, didn't have to have braces.

laurapoplin.com

#82754 - 07/15/06 07:20 PM Re: Root Canal...yuk! [Re: Daisygirl]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

The reason I said I don't know how they do it is because their fees are the same as all the other dentist in town and not any higher than anyone else. But I think what this has done for them (other than give them a good feeling about what they offer) is that people that go there, love them, and are loyal patients. I think its marketing genius, myself. Personal service is not dead and people DO appreciate it. They are living proof. The two dentist also send their workers on trips all the time. To Las Vegas, Florida, and other destinations. All expenses paid. But I will say this, these people work very hard and long hours. They never turn anyone away, payment or not. I'm very proud to be associated with a practice that truly cares about their patients and it's not just about the money. Even if I'm just a patient. And sad to say, a regular one....

JJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved