The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#11262 - 01/16/06 02:52 AM Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
The doctor just called to tell me that my tests came back showing the bacterial infection I have is antibiotic resistant. I knew when he called me on Sunday that the news wasn't going to be wonderful. I've disconinued the antibiotic, and we will meet tomorrow to discuss further treatment. Since this is such a new thing, he doesn't really know what that will be.

I'm actually feeling fine, and the place where the infection broke out is completely heeled now. We just want to be sure it doesn't come back.

Right now I'm scared and a little bit angry. I'm sure everything is going to be fine, but I don't like dealing with a condition that's so rare nobody's ever heard of it. I already had to deal with a form of cancer nobody ever heard of, and I feel like it isn't fair that I have to go through this, too.

But, then, whoever said life was fair.

Anyone here ever have an experience with something of this nature or know anyone who has? I need all the help I can get.

#11263 - 01/16/06 02:54 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Was this from an injury? Gosh, this is kind of scary.

#11264 - 01/16/06 04:11 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
NH Jackie, there is a treatment that seems to be the miracle healer of these types of illnesses, its called Peroxide Therapy....it is quite advanced and being touted as a wonder treatment and miracle healer for the things nothing else can handle. Check it out or tell your doctor to check it out for you. It is in all the latest medical journals.

[ January 15, 2006, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#11265 - 01/16/06 05:14 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
NHJackie Offline

Diane,

I think it was a bug bite that got infected. Something looked really strange about it. so Chuck insisted I see the doctor right away. Am I ever glad he did! He says it a "community" infection, one I could have picked up anywhere.

Chatty,

I think the Peroxide therapy is one thing he mentioned. He said it can be treated propholacticly (I probably butchered that spelling). I will know more after I see him tomorrow.

Probably the only good thing I can say about this is it's completely taken my mind off the nonsense that's going on in Chuck's family right now. They'll probably avoid me like the plague once they find out I'm infected. Maybe I can pretend not to get better so I don't have to see them anymore? Can you tell I'm fond of my in-laws? [Razz]

#11266 - 01/16/06 07:40 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Jackie, my neighbor had a similar sounding infection in October...she went to University of Pennsylvania Hospital and was treated successfully with a fairly new IV drug called
Linezolid...please ask your doctor about it...
my friend was really frightened and this drug did the trick ...and in a short amount of time...Good luck...my good thoughts and lots of prayers are with you...

#11267 - 01/16/06 09:03 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Jackie.......I'm so sorry to hear that staph infecton is giving you trouble.
Please follow thru with whatever your doc advises.
Staph can stick around in your system, so nip it as soon as you can.
As you know, I'm thinking of you!
Lynne

#11268 - 01/16/06 09:07 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Jackie...forgot.....stay away from the hospital!!!!!!!!!!
Every time I had surgery I would get a staph infection, so I would have to have antibiotics before, during, and after surgery to keep that darn Staph infection away from me.
Working in a hospital for 30 years, you learn that a hospital is a place where you are guaranteed to get a staph infecton.
I know that sounds terrible, but it's a fact.
No matter how hard the hospitals clean, and steralize(did I spell that right?)it still shows up.
Lynne

#11269 - 01/16/06 09:13 PM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
NHJackie Offline

The doctor called this morning and told me the infection desease man doesn't treat an infection that has healed the way this one has as long as there is no further outbreak. Which there isn't right now, and I'm hoping there won't ever be. If it happens, I'll have to go see the infectionous desease doctor for the next step in treatment, which I would do immediately. After living through Chuck's c-dif infection last year, I'm not willing to take any chances.

One good thing to come out of this is I got to see my new doctor in action and was very impressed with how compassionate and thorough he is. The man who has been my pcp for many years has taken a leave of absence, and this man has tajen over his practice. So far, I'm very pleased with what I've seen.

Much as I hate the idea, I may have to give up my volunteer job at the hospital. I just can't imagine where else I could have picked this up. With my weak immune system, I just can't take any chances.

#11270 - 01/17/06 04:26 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My goodness Jackie if you know you have a poor immune system the LAST place you should be is in a hospital or anywhere else that these things linger...You can volunteer anywhere if its volunteer work your after...stay well!

#11271 - 01/17/06 04:52 AM Re: Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Was this a bite from a brown recluse, perhaps? It just sounds so scary.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved