The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 56 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#144306 - 03/09/08 06:36 PM Long hair is "in," shouts the news!!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Is this so? How do you feel about long hair? Do you have it? How do you wear it? When was the last time you had long hair and what sort of experiences did you have with it?

I have hair right past my shoulders but if you look at my photo's it is rare that I do. I have decided awhile ago to grow it long again.

I keep it brown instead of my natural blackish, and have very light brown highlights to help when my gray hair returns so I don't have to tint my roots so quickly! I like long hair because it's rare for me and I like to put it up, my ballet days, I guess! I still miss the dry and run of short hair though.
I am married to someone who likes long hair although he never complained about it when it was short, so he is happy.
I will keep growing it until I am bored with it.

Extentions are a way to have long hair. Many women in the business of show get extentions. Extensions are made of human hair. Most of the hair they use is Italian for the higher quality hair or Russian. The extensions can stay in your hair for two years or more with your washing it, drying it, and treating it like your own hair!
The trick is the cost, anywhere up from 1500.00! It is worth it for some women who have the money and do not have thick hair and cannot grow their own.

They can be any color also. You can lower your price if you only put in a few extensions of say, purple, or red, just for fun!

Just a note on hair extentions!

Let me know!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#144307 - 03/09/08 07:53 PM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had long hair for years but then had it cut really short and everyone loved it and the compliments were all very positive. When it was long, in this hot desert air, I kept it in a ponytail or piled high atop my head anyway so short hair is so much cooler, cute and easy, and I am all about easy these days. The color is a medium to light brown with lost of blonde/silver highlights. I may have it streaked more blonde but maybe not, not sure right now...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#144308 - 03/10/08 06:53 AM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I've always kept my hair long, always between midback and waist.
With wispy bangs. Usually auburn, sometimes burgundy.

#144309 - 03/10/08 07:00 AM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: diamond50]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Personally, I don't think long hair looks attractive if you are over 50; not unless you wear it up. A smart cut can make a lady look quite fashionable.

#144310 - 03/10/08 06:52 PM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have a 50+ girlfriend with absolutely gorgeous thick hair, and she looks totally great! I don't have gorgeous thick hair, so having more (longer) hair in this case is not better. To me, it depends on the individual.

Poet and essayist

#144311 - 03/10/08 11:22 PM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: meredithbead]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Agree with you, Meredith..depends on the individual. But I kind like long hair sort of in general, I guess. MineĀ“s about shoulder length with a back to the bush feeling. I kind like it being big and bushy..feel like a shaggy dog or an uncut poodle. Remember, my hair is naturally curly.

But some women look very cute in short hair. There are alot of sculptured radical hairstyles out there for them..FUN!

#144312 - 03/11/08 04:24 AM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: humlan]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Long hair is great if the person maintains it in healthy condition.

Some women over 50 look good in long hair, shoulder blades and longer. One of my sisters, 1 yr. younger than I with 2 adult children has long straight hair that length. IMO she looks abit better with it 2-3 inches shorter. It would add more energy to her face.

No, since I got my hair cut when 19 yrs. old...I haven't looked back. It was 6 inches past my shoulder blades..but poker straight.

To me, long hair is a hassle when cleaning up the bathroom after showering and blow-drying.

#144313 - 03/11/08 07:18 PM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm quite sure that the rule that says you must cut your hair above your shoulders if you are over 50 is a wash.

There are faces that can pull off long hair forever. My own mother has very long gray hair, past her shoulders to the middle of her back, thick and white as snow and as an art hisorian, it fits her greatly! I cannot imagine my mother, who does not wear make up, and does not subscribe to any sort of beauty ritual without her long gray hair! It simply would not be here! There are many woman who are Euro who look great with some length on their hair and more so as they age!

The "pixie," cut, for example, can look so cute on a young woman and then later it can age her and make her look like she's trying to hard!

I feel it's all in the attitude. Attitude can wear anything!

For example, by my modeling photos one would think that I dress fitted to show my figure.

I actually where Japanese designer clothes that have plenty oof fabric and room to move! I wear avante gaurde clothing that can inclued harem pants under a long open dress! I do not advertise my body when I go out day to day, and I don't do it on stage! If I wear something for a photo, it does not mean I will own it!

I wear what breathes in this desert and in my menopause and layer so I can take off this or that if I need to!

There are many ways to age yourself and women in L.A. do it eevery day, as Meredith can attest, by wearing too young of clothing or too tight clothing!

Again, all in the attitude!

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#144314 - 03/11/08 11:28 PM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Geez, how do you expect me to pick up those cute 20-something studs unless I wear a mini-skirt and have 97 plasticized body parts??? HELLOOOOO?????

I mean, a working gal's got to...

I DID NOT SAY THAT!!! Someone named Unregistered hijacked that last post and made me write all that stuff.

MsM doesn't go for any men under the age of 30. And furthermore, I save the lycra miniskirts for special occasions.

I just had to make that clear.

Poet and essayist

#144315 - 03/12/08 08:34 AM Re: Long hair is "in," shouts the news!! [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I just cut my shoulder length hair off into an at the ear style. I have been trying to grow my hair out for a while, but it just got stringy looking. I am not one for combing my hair or hairspray, so short works best for me. Messy, okay. Stringy, not okay.

I asked my hairdresser about extensions and he told me that $1200 was the cheapest he had seen them. Whoa! That's a lot of money!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved