The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69833 - 07/12/05 01:52 AM Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey, for all you gals who have started life over again after divorce--did you notice any weird changes as you began to embrace singlehood? For example, for years I have carried hand bags. Suddenly twice in the last week I have tried to put that handbag over my shoulder--I haven't used a shoulder bag in at least 15 years! Is this a subconscious thing? Was I somehow carrying the weight of my failing marriage through that handbag--allowing it to 'drag me down'? As I am embracing and moving forward am I longing to 'swing life' over my shoulder and start taking new strides? Seems weird--if any of you have documented a similar strange happening, let me know. Perhaps there's a book in there....I would love to take a stab at it!

#69834 - 07/12/05 03:18 AM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Super topic and would make a great book if you could get enough feedback...I remember I use to pay no attention to couples, then after I was once again a single, suddenly they seemed to be all around me everywhere I went. It was agrivating to me and I remember thinking, sure now he's wonderful but soon his true colors will emerge. Then felt smug because my hurt was behind me and I survived... [Roll Eyes]

#69835 - 07/12/05 10:45 PM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
starting over Offline

Amen and Amen. Thank God for survival. On to not just surviving but LIVING!

I have had similar thoughts--it's hard not to be cynical sometimes.

If you think of any other examples, let me know!

#69836 - 07/12/05 11:35 PM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Starting Over,
What you have been through and are going through is painful beyond the comprehension of most of us. Even with less trauma than you have had, ending a marriage is a terrible experience.
I know how frightening it can be to see the rest of the world go by in couples, to see how they hold onto each other for support, and to view the rest of your life stretched out in front of you with no one to help you and no one to hold your hand. But God is beside you and He is the strength you need to regain your balance.

I hope you can come here for help when you need it and know we will stand with you as you travel this new path.
I am saying a prayer for you today that you will be strengthened for this new challenge and feel the joy and peace of God surrounding you at this difficult time.
smile

#69837 - 07/13/05 06:59 PM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thirty plus years ago after my marriage was dissolved, I noticed many changes. The most important one was the feeling of "lightness". I felt sometimes I was going to actually leave the ground and fall "up". It was a wierd, funny feeling, strangely enough. I figured out that it must be the feeling of having a weight lifted off my shoulders.A new Power that was mine and mine alone. The feeling eventually went away, and I returned to normal(before marriage normal).
Walk one day without your shoulder bag. Let yourself float for awhile. Feel wierd and funny, as I did. New strides? Absolutely, and it won't hurt a bit.

chick

#69838 - 07/13/05 08:18 PM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
smilinize Offline

Chick,
That must be a common feeling. I described it as feeling "untethered." I felt like a hot air balloon spiraling off into space with no one holding onto the string.
smile

#69839 - 07/15/05 07:29 AM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
starting over Offline

I've been describing it as relieved. to finally know it's not me, that's theres a real problem.

So chick any other little things you'd like to share that you noticed as you embraced singlehood?

#69840 - 07/14/05 09:22 PM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
starting over, I haven't read this book because I'm married (actually celebrating 26 years blessed today!)but some of the women in here have. It's called Solo Bliss. You might want to check it out at Amazon. They also have a site, www.solobliss.com.

#69841 - 07/15/05 04:07 AM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DOTSIE AND MR. DOTSIE ON THEIR 26TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY... [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

#69842 - 07/15/05 05:00 AM Re: Has anyone experienced weird changes after becoming single?
smilinize Offline

Yes. Congratulations to Ross for choosing such a great girl. And to Dotsie for making Ross happy for all the years.
I hope the two of you are celebrating in style.
Many more.
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved