The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#68605 - 01/14/06 03:09 AM Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Find out some tips to keep your indoor kitty trim and happy in an article I wrote on environmental enrichment:

http://www.critterchatter.com/topics/cats/boredCat.html

#68606 - 01/14/06 04:17 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
ladybug Offline

Thanks for the website. My Benny is an indoor cat exclusively but he's not aggressive or destructive.

I like to go to PetsMart at least once a week to see what's new. His best toy is a paper bag on the floor after I have emptied it of groceries. He always goes inside of it and lays down for awhile.

#68607 - 01/14/06 04:25 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Reminds me of my kids when they were young. An empty box was better than any toy ever made.

How is Mr. Benny?

#68608 - 01/14/06 04:27 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I adore the curiosity of a cat. They are so smart and so noisy to boot. I have never seen a bored cat and as Ladybug says they can be happy for hours with an empty grocery bag. They are however very social animals, stand-off-ish at times but they love to be held and stroked and talked to....some even talk back.

#68609 - 01/15/06 12:10 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
ladybug Offline

Benny is doing just great Dianne.

I also took your advice about approaching the Umbrella Cockatoo to pet him. Guess what? He recognizes me! As soon as I approached his cage this week he sidled up to the bars and said hello and automatically tilted his head for me to scratch. While I was scratching his head he said, "I love you." While my son continued to scratch his head he said, "hey sweet baby." We cracked up. We definetely want this bird.

After a little head scratching, his crest shot up and he started sreaming like a monkey and hunching his shoulders up and down perfectly mimicking one. What an entertaining and sweet bird! He's won our hearts for sure. Oh yes, he also licked my index finger. I was expecting him to bite like my niece's green parrot (not sure if it's a Conure). Her parrot draws blood and isn't sweet like Kazooie (someone at the store named him).

#68610 - 01/15/06 12:13 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
ladybug Offline

And yes, Chatty, Benny does talk to me. He gets a special moist meal that comes in a foil packet at noon but around 11:00 a.m. he starts coming around rubbing my legs and meowing so loud you'd swear he's trying to talk.

When I ignore it he sits there and looks up at me with that angelic face. I usually cave in and give it to him before noon.

#68611 - 01/15/06 02:01 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Are you going to buy the Cockatoo? I hope so!

My Italian Greyhound smiles when people come to the house. A really big smile, showing all of her teeth.

#68612 - 01/15/06 03:45 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
ladybug Offline

I don't think so Dianne. I'm afraid Benny would be scared to death of him. Even though I'll be heart broken to see he's been sold I'll also feel good that someone will love him now. He's been there way too long.

I do believe dogs smile, I really do. My neighbor's beloved Mia is just a mutt but when she's sees you she wraps her upper legs around your torso in a hug. Everyone love Mia.

#68613 - 01/26/06 08:37 AM Re: Is Your Indoor-Only Cat Bored Stiff?
Cindy-B Offline

Loc: Cottonwood CA
[Roll Eyes] My cats enjoy a toy called a turbo scratcher. I bought it at Wal Mart. It also has refills to put in the center. Most cats like catnip. I grow it in the summer and dry it. Yum !

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved