The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#67552 - 01/08/05 07:55 PM Making a Home
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
I have been living in an apartment for the last year (YUCK) and one of the things I missed the most was my cats! When we moved we elected to let them stay there with my youngest son. We felt it was best for them (and my son!) he is extremely attached to Boston. Boston is a stray that I rescued when Eric was in kindergarten. We've had her ever since. She just celebrated her 17th year and shows no signs of slowing down. So, yesterday I had to get some Lenny food (our parrot) and the local store did not have his brand. I called around to some vets and found one that carried it. I went over there and (you guessed it) they had three homeless kitties for adoption sitting right there in the waiting room! Long story, short I came home with Addison (Addy for short.) Her story is that she was found in a trash can along with two of her littermates. They were dead and she was covered with fleas, etc. She has been living with the Vet for the last month and her hair has started to grow back at last. He showed me the before picture. Poor baby, there must be a special place in Hell for animal abusers! She is very shy right now, so I am leaving her alone until she gets used to me. I did go get her last night and lay her on my chest for a bit so she could get used to me. As soon as I moved, she was off like a shot back under the couch so I decided not to push her. She is a tiger stripe tabby with beautiful brown and gold fur. Her eyes are big and yellow and I look forward to the day she feels part of our family...she has a real family now.

#67553 - 01/08/05 11:03 PM Re: Making a Home
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now I am crying. I wish I could just come there and give you the biggest hug. That little angel kitty already knows in her heart that she is safe. People that abuse animals are to me the worst kind of skum. They are DEVILS here upon this earth. God Bless you forever...

#67554 - 01/09/05 02:17 AM Re: Making a Home
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I agree. A special hell for child and animal abuser and let's throw in wife abusers too! [Mad]

What an endearing story and I think it's wonderful that you took this kitten in. Poor little thing.

My sister has a cat named Elliott. She got him at the pound in Austin. He moved to France with her and is now fluent in two languages. [Wink] He's shy too. Is close to my sister but when I'm there I have to ignore him for a couple of hours before he comes to me. He's sure sweet though.

I love my animals and they add so much to my life. My bird talks to me, my dogs sleeps with me and my cat sits on my lap when I'm on the front porch. True loyalty. Now, if we could only find that quality in a man! Always glad to see us and never complaining!

Speaking of animals, my vet put my Italian Greyhound on a diet. She's like 7-8 lbs overweight. She is not happy with me but has lost two pounds so far. However, she found the old Halloween candy and helped herself so I think she blew her diet for one day. Sure made her happy though and luckily, she didn't get sick.

#67555 - 01/11/05 04:10 AM Re: Making a Home
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm so glad Addy got saved! I have 2 Westies. One was so cute that a year later I had to go get another one. Annie and Gracie are a match made in heaven. They were used to their own back yard for 2-3 years. Then last October we sold our house, lived in a hotel in November, stayed with a friend in December, moved into an apartment before Christmas, and now we are moving from KC to Colorado. Long story. The doggies have been little troopers, but I think they are sick and tired of strange smells and no zone of their own. They are taking a long time to do their business. We stand out there in the infinite freezing drizzle of Missouri for 20-30 minutes, while the doggies sniff and explore for the perfect spot, only to discover another has soiled it already. Annie has been shivering, and Gracie holds up first one paw, then another, to relive her feet from the icy ground. I saw cute coats at Lands End site. My favorite colors are red and purple, like thier colors. But the coats came only in orange. So today the little sweaters arrived, with fleece lining and a weather proof outer shell. Annie took to her coat right away, but I had to chase Gracie around to get her to put on her coat. This was hilarious. Then Gracie tried biting the coat off Annie. These doggies looked like canine fire fighters in their orange coats. Now my furry friends are warm. If only I could find my parka I'd be warm too! Love and Light, Lynn

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved