The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#177693 - 03/20/09 09:31 PM Flannel nightgowns?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Can anyone even remember flannel pajama's or nightgowns? I bet we all wore them as kids but does anyone own one now? When you were married? I know I didn't but about a year after becoming a widow I bought a couple I wore around the house at night after bathing and then to bed to feel snuggly and warm.
I don't have them anymore but I got a catalog yesterday with some old fashioned clothing in it, and there they were. They even sell flannel sheets. I am thinking of ordering a nightgown for next winter. Would you wear one?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177694 - 03/20/09 09:42 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yep. My family and I still wear flannels. We also use flannel bedsheets for winter. There was a time when lumberjack flannels became a trend here in the early '90's. Lots of Paul Bunyans. LOL!

#177743 - 03/21/09 03:33 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: Lola]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Several years ago one of my sisters gave me flannel nightgown for Christmas. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I hadn't worn one in the past 20 years.

I would wear a light cotton pj when I go camping in cooler weather. But that was several years ago. Even that I kept it to a minimum, because when biking and camping, one does have the reduce as much as possible weight of clothing.

Let's just say things are different when there aren't children in the household.

#177745 - 03/21/09 04:41 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: orchid]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
With me it's not a matter of children in the house, it's a matter of warmth and comfort. I love being snuggly warm in my jammies, although I tend to go with soft jersey over flannel because of the fabric feel. That, of course, is just for the cold winters here in the mountains.

During the summer, I wear as little as possible...

However, I will confess that I have one of those wonderfully soft fluffy robes that I wear all winter in the mornings when I first get up. When my friend spent the night a couple of weeks ago, I let her borrow it. OMG, when she was wearing it she looked as big as a house, and she's way littler than me. I mentioned it to my hubby and he said "Yeah, I had noticed that". Yikes!!!

Comfort or sexy??? Winter I go for comfort, sorry....

#177748 - 03/21/09 08:22 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I have very dry skin on my legs that I do have to use a strong lotion once every day. Doctor called my skin icthomyosis --fish scale skin. When I lived in southern Ontario where the winter temperatures are colder and there is alot more snow regularily, my skin did get even drier.

I actually found it helpful to reduce my skin flakiness and scaliness, to wear shorts around home during the day during the winter. At night, if I wanted to wear something more to bed, it would be short slip camisole or mini length cotton wrap kimono with sleeves. In other words, leave the skin on my legs able to breathe.

We keep our home not too cool.

So in the warmth of home, yes I will be greeting guests in my shorts in the dead of a winter storm.

Now that I've gotten truly off topic... smile

#177760 - 03/21/09 09:48 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Orchid, try a few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a warm bath and you may see a difference in the texture of your skin. I have baby soft skin and its not natural by a long shot, but the olive oil is my salvation, winter and summer.

#178189 - 03/25/09 09:56 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: chatty lady]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I have a thing for nighties. Hubby can't believe how many I own. So of COURSE some are flannel. Why, no closet should be without these adorsble jammies. Unless you live in Florida! lol

#178208 - 03/25/09 10:39 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: ]
Lola Offline

There's also extra virgin.

#178212 - 03/25/09 10:48 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: ]
Lola Offline

One olive get to be squeezed once, the other...twice. I think. LOL!

#178213 - 03/25/09 10:49 PM Re: Flannel nightgowns? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope, never seen any tatoo on olives, BUT I do know that the EVOO is cured longer in those big giant vats. As much as a couple of years longer, thus Extra Virgin...olive oil.

Thats like me, us Anne, we have been celibute for so many years now we are extra virgin, LOL...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved