The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#142890 - 02/18/08 07:27 PM When was the last time you peaked in your career?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I know we peak over and over again. We have down times and we have up times.

What was the last "peak," that sticks in your mind as your last?

Realizing, of course, that one will come again?

For me, my agent thinks it's my performance with Prince and his band.

But in my thoughts it was a dance theater show I choreograher and danced the first number out of demand, with dancers who were in University. I always get bouquets but I remember so many flowers and bouquets that I could not hold them all and my cast had to come out and help me gather them and hold them! I had a lump in my throat, I remember and I remember how hard I worked on that show and how my cast bonded as well as worked so hard themselves. It was a great show and I think, my peak so far in choreography! It was not the REALLY commercial stuff that felt like a peak to me, it was just a theater piece that came and went, as I love theater for doing!

I left that night for a live broadcast gig in Vegas from the Four Queens hotel. I had to leave ALL my beautiful flowers for my house sitter to watch! I was so heart broken as I looked at each bouquet and knew I'd never see it again as lovely. Still, that is what I love about flowers!

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#142891 - 02/18/08 10:41 PM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career? [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh wow, this is a great yet difficult question. I have had several but you said the LAST one. That would have to be when my son called me on Valentines Day this year and said, Mom guess where I am, and who my Valentine is? I couldn't guess and he said, hang on she wants to talk to you. Suddnly there it was, my mothers voice. My son had an hours layover while his trailer from his truck was being loaded. So he and his fellow driver unhooked the cab and drove to my mothers to surprise her. She and he were both crying 'happy tears.' Me too, once the call ended...

Edited by chatty lady (02/18/08 10:42 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#142892 - 02/19/08 01:14 AM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career? [Re: chatty lady]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
How exciting that you got a call from you son and you got to talk with you mother . What a wonderful Valentine's Day for you and everyone . Wonderful gift .

Renee

#142893 - 02/19/08 10:35 PM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career? [Re: Sadie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, this is so sweet. I bet you were shocked.

#142894 - 02/20/08 01:50 PM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I just came across this thread. It's cool and wonderful that you got to talk with your mother and son on Valentine's Day. That story warmed my heart! Sweet, sweet, sweet!
Hugs and blessings...

#142895 - 02/21/08 12:43 AM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was shocked and so happy my son did something so sweet all on his own. He hasn't seen his grandmother since 1993 or 94. Then to call me from there was really special.

Oh, and by the way the Valentines dance went well, so beautifully decorated, and every lady got an orchid from the country club. And as I told jabber in a PM when she so kindly asked, the evening was wonderful, great dinner and we danced the night away. This is one of the only times we've been out that he didn't get a call and have to rush off to work...All in all one of my best Valentine celebrations...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#142896 - 02/21/08 03:05 AM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career? [Re: chatty lady]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Chatty,

So glad you had a wonderful evening. Sounds like it was a great time...especially the dancing. Any pictures?

#142897 - 02/21/08 03:08 AM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your career? [Re: hotflashgal]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Oh, to dance... I'm happy for the wonderful time you had, too, chatty. And, so thrilled that your son stopped to see your mother.

#142898 - 02/21/08 03:28 AM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your care [Re: gims]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Now!

After sooo many jobs in the past, this time in our business together as a couple is so wonderful!

To watch it all grow.....people coming out of the woodwork for wholesale/retail..the local Farmer's and Craft Market is growing by leaps and bounds...AND I have a husband/partner who is just as enthusiastic as I am!

The Lord has blessed us!

#142899 - 02/21/08 10:36 AM Re: When was the last time you peaked in your care [Re: Di]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
The last time I peaked in my career was two years ago. When grandbaby leaves September...I want to repeat that peak. Got so many more dreams to fullfill.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved