The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#66467 - 01/01/06 07:29 PM Ricky Nelson and James Darren
ladybug Offline

I'm sure many of you watched the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.

I remember sitting on the floor of our living room watching the old black and white tv while Ricky sang "poor little fool."

I was sure my dad could see that I had a major crush on Ricky Nelson!

I also enjoyed watching American Bandstand and Donna Reed, especially when the gorgeous James Darren was a guest on that show.

Did any of you have a crush on Ricky Nelson or James Darren?

#66468 - 01/01/06 07:56 PM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ladybug, I was born in 1958 and din't watch television other The Beave. I recall my sister loving American Bandstand.

Has anyone seen the movie/show Hairspray? We took the kids to dinner and a show the week of Christmas. We saw Hairspray and loved it. John Waters, the guy who wrote it is from Baltimore. Anyway, it's a sweet story about a chubby teen gal who was dying to get on a show similar to American Bandstand. She was a great dancer, but not the typical cookie cutter type from the 60s. It was also about segregation because she danced with black people at one of their clubs, but they weren't allowed on the show. GREAT movie/show.

#66469 - 01/01/06 07:57 PM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
I was madly in love with "Moondoggie" (aka James Darren). Do you remember the first Gidget with Sandra Dee and James Darren? I was an official member of the Sandra Dee Fan Club. When we moved recently I found my official 1958 membership card! I have a biggggg memorabilia box. Gosh, that was fun thinking of that.......LL

#66470 - 01/02/06 08:46 AM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lucky Lady ,
I loved James Darren and Annette and Sandra Dee I was very sadden to hear of her death last year. I saw all the Sandra Dee movies "Modddoggie" just gives me goose bumps today just thinking of him Oh, James Darren was so dreamy . Thats for that lovely memory .

#66471 - 01/01/06 09:45 PM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
ladybug Offline

James Darren is still a very handsome man. I loved all the Gidget movies but only with James Darren in them. In my opinion he was one of the most handsome men of that time.

#66472 - 01/02/06 12:13 AM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
Wow, remember "Summer Place" with Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue? He was pretty good to look at too! Those were good movies. When my daughters were adolecents, I can't tell you how many times I saw "Sixteen Candles". Every generation has their "Moondoggie"...........ours was still more handsome!!!!!!!!!!!! LL

#66473 - 01/02/06 12:53 AM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
If I'm not mistaken, someone here used to date Troy Donahue...can't remember who, though.

#66474 - 01/02/06 02:45 AM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It was Dianne

JJ

#66475 - 01/02/06 05:00 AM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lucky Lady,
Oh, that was one of my favorite movies's "Summer Place" and he music I can still hum it today. Oh, Troy Donahue he was so handsone too.... We did have our Moondoggie and 60's were the best time . I think and hat is my opinion . We had the best music and songs and dancing . Oh, those dancing . Oh, Sixteen Candles . I can still hum it today and what good times.

Yes, Dianne did date Troy Dona hue . Dianne where are you today ? Lucky she can tell your her story of Dating Troy. How exciting .

#66476 - 01/03/06 02:41 AM Re: Ricky Nelson and James Darren
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I love the song "Theme From A Summer Place." It was the song that my oldest dtr. chose to dance to with her dad at her wedding. It's such a beautiful song.
I'm an original surfer girl, and still love to make my wine coolers in a tub.
Gidget doesn't have anything on us "real" surfer girls.
James Darren...sorry he was a "wus" when it came to "looking like" he was surfing.
Oh heck.......he sure was good looking!
Lynne

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved