The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64570 - 06/24/04 07:28 AM sprinklers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
When I was a kid and we got hot we would run through the sprinkler. After gettin gsoaking wet we 'd try to avoid the sprinkler with each sway.

When feeling brave we'd detach the nozzle and shoot the heck out of one other with the hose. With the nozzle off we would pretend to play jump rope with the stream of water.

Anyone up for water jump rope?

How did you stay cool as kids?

#64571 - 06/24/04 12:42 AM Re: sprinklers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
At home we too used the sprinklers and there was a small lake near by mlore like a pond that was quite clear and we were allowed to swim/play there. But mostly whenever it rained my mom would come out and play with us in the rain.

#64572 - 06/25/04 02:25 AM Re: sprinklers
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
We used the sprinkler but also a succession of blow-up wading pools - which never lasted all that long without punctures!

Our next-door neighbours were more adventurous. The mother was a bit of a handiwoman and built a cement pool in the backyard all by herself (not very deep, we were all quite small) which we all paddled and swam in. At other times when leaks had formed she transformed it into a huge sandpit. We had a gate in the paling fence and all us kids were either next door or at our place. We also spent a lot of time riding bikes and pedal cars up and down our driveway.But the most fun was when we persuaded our parents to drag out the old canvas tent and put it up in the backyard - our own private kingdom.

#64573 - 06/25/04 08:04 PM Re: sprinklers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Built a cement pool by herself? WO!

Ah, the tent. Another fun memory. DOn't think we ever slept on those nights when the tent was up. At least not until we climbed in our beds around 6:00 in the morning.

When our kids were little we did the whole tent thing again. Through the years we'd pitch the tent and different neighborhood kids and friends would pile in iwth all their needed belongings for the night. We were even crazy enough to sleep out with them. [Eek!] Those days are gone! [Big Grin]

#64575 - 06/27/04 03:01 PM Re: sprinklers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You should drag those pictures out. I bet they're precious. [Wink]

#64576 - 07/01/04 04:37 AM Re: sprinklers
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I remember creating "showers" with a garden hose and the kids would take turns running through it.

This was New York City. There were no sprinklers, swimming pools or tents. Just asphalt and tiny little gardens.

#64577 - 07/01/04 09:30 AM Re: sprinklers
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I remember filling up a red wagon and sitting in it....like a pool on wheels, I loved it. I always wanted to be doing a couple of things at a time even when I was little.

Kate

#64578 - 07/02/04 07:01 AM Re: sprinklers
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
I loved sprinkler games and hose snake and water baloon battles, but every now and then, the fireman up the street would open the fire hydrant and we'd all get blasted in the spray! And at night we'd play night games like tag and hide and seek...or we'd all get jars with holes in the lid and try to catch the most lightening bugs. And then the good humor man would come and we'd all get popsicles.....ah the sweetness of youth!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved