The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 45 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#61825 - 01/07/05 04:14 PM news from Sri Lanka - Oliver's story
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Oliver used to work in my office a few years ago. A nice young man with an adventurous soul and passion for travelling. He's been working in Sri Lanka, and was enjoying some days off at the beach with friends, when the Tsunami hit. For a moving account, a real story of what it was like, read his blog:

www.oliverforplanetearth.com

There are photos of the devastation, and of the relief efforts - things that Oliver is personally trying to do to help. He was interviewed on the Canadian news yesterday.

#61826 - 01/07/05 04:57 PM Re: news from Sri Lanka - Oliver's story
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Evie: What a story of courage! God bless Oliver and his friends for what they are doing to help those around them!

#61827 - 01/07/05 06:40 PM Re: news from Sri Lanka - Oliver's story
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Evie, thanks so much for sharing.It makes the whole experience so much more real for me. I'm praying for everyone's mental helath as well as physical health. May God bless him with his efforts to be so helpful. Where is his home, or where is he from?

#61828 - 01/08/05 08:42 AM Re: news from Sri Lanka - Oliver's story
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
home base right now is in Ontario, Canada but I'm not sure where - his father is a professor at the University of Guelph. For the past few years, Oliver has been working in Bolivia and Sri Lanka. The family is originally from Holland, and they have travelled around a great deal, so I guess that's where he got the travel bug from!

#61829 - 01/07/05 09:51 PM Re: news from Sri Lanka - Oliver's story
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Evie, Thank you for putting a face(s) to this event. I will remember to put Oliver on my prayer list. A home school group I belong to sent me this link to satellite photos. It shows the kind of conditions Oliver will be facing.
http://homepage.mac.com/demark/tsunami/9.html
It was sent to me as a 'live' link, but I'm not that computer saavy to get it to come thru 'live'. It's most amazing that any survived. Let us know how he fares.

#61830 - 01/09/05 04:49 AM Re: news from Sri Lanka - Oliver's story
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The link worked. Thanks for sharing. The before and after pictures are amazing! [Eek!]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved