The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#147462 - 05/01/08 05:05 PM The perfect mother's day gift
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thought this might be a fun topic. What would your perfect Mother's Day gift be from your children?

I don't care about a tangible gift, but would love a card from each child and an opportunity for all of us to do something as a family, or time alone with each child to do something fun.

This won't happen this year because our youngest is away. Ross told me he already called to see if he could come home, but he can't. Too many things going on that point towards his graduation in June.

What would you love?

#147464 - 05/01/08 06:15 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: ]
modernmichelle Offline

Loc: CA
I'd like something other than a novel picked out by young people solely on the virtue that the author's name sounds like an old-people name :P

#147465 - 05/01/08 06:22 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
lol Anne! Oh yes those little boys can rack up bills as good as little girls.

I just love getting letters from my sons. Usually the DIL's have taken over that department, so I would say it would mean a lot to me to get a handwritten letter from each son telling me what a super duper Mom I am.

Whaaat?..... Don't wake me...that was such a nice dream.

#147466 - 05/01/08 06:28 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
A family cookout. And not one of those where I buy the meat, marinate it, fix the side dishes, put the meat on the platter and take it out to the grill where the boys are sharing a beer and beating their chest, bonding....then they come in with the cook meat, I put everything on the table, we eat...I clean up the kitchen, then they tell all their friends and co-workers that they cooked for me on Mother's Day....I swear, it wears me out for THEM to COOK for ME.

#147467 - 05/01/08 06:58 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
They shouldn't have a Mother'd Day. They should have a Mother's Day Strike Day.

#147468 - 05/01/08 09:05 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would love for my sons (BOTH SONS) and their families to get together for a meal and just laugh till out sides ache the way we use to. Not sure where Dave will be as he's on the road and not expecting to see Mark although that would make my day after his long absence. I will probably just get a phone call from David trucking down the highway...I sure do miss the old days.

Edited by chatty lady (05/01/08 09:06 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#147469 - 05/02/08 11:28 AM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Hmmmm...my daughter always sends me card with a note of appreciation and it makes me cry each time. Even if we can't be together she always calls. Sometimes I'm so amazed that she thinks I was a good Mom. I was young (21) when she was born and so immature. I'm blessed. Hubby always takes me to dinner even though I'm not the Mom of his kids. This year I've already said that I would prefer a regular day with maybe a barbecue, but no expensive dinner. My expectations have lowered quite a bit with age and I don't tend to get too worked up over these days.

#147470 - 05/02/08 02:34 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jawjaw, give me their phone numbers. I'm gonna give those boys a call.

#147471 - 05/03/08 02:18 PM Re: The perfect mother's day gift
gims Offline

Loc: USA
OH chatty, that would be the best gift ever... being able to laugh and laugh so hard the sides burst. How perfect a gift that would be!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved