The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 26 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#160101 - 09/17/08 11:16 AM CVS Clinics
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Any thoughts on these clinics that are going to be run in CVS Pharmicies? I'm thinking it could be a good thing as far as short term, quick fix with the average ailment. A sore throat, sinus infection, things like that. I know it's supposed to be aimed at getting people out of emergency rooms for things they shouldn't be there for and cutting down the use of ER's instead of going to a primary physician, but is it just another way for the drug companies to make money?

#160112 - 09/17/08 02:27 PM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, we've had them in our stores for about a year. I have no idea what kind of care they offer, but the one near us is definitely getting use.

What I don't like about them is seeing the sick people hanging out waiting to be seen while I'm browsing the store. It seems odd.

#160146 - 09/17/08 08:11 PM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Walgreens is offering that now. Special Walgreens store have one. Its okay for small stuff I guess.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160158 - 09/17/08 11:08 PM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I think it's questionable about the care given. This is the first time I've heard about this. I definitely don't like having the sick ones hanging out in the store waiting for care. It's bad enough when you go to Walgreen's and everyone is running a fever or coughing.

Are they going to have like a waiting room for them? Interesting. Don't think I'd care to use them for anything serious if I were sick.
www.tidedancer.com

#160171 - 09/18/08 12:03 AM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Sandpiper]
Louisa Offline

I've heard that CVS is supposed to set up some sort of examining room(s) for this. They would have to. I would think they would have to have a waiting room too. I'm not crazy about it myself. I wouldn't use it for anything serious either of course. But, then again, I go to a primary care physician. I don't use the ER for routine visits. This is supposed to be to curtail that. We'll see.

#160174 - 09/18/08 12:35 AM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lousia,
Hello, I was reading you post and remember being in Target here and they have a walk in clinic and it is off to the side with several chairs for people to sit . I think it is a wonderful idea for people who maybe like you said who don't have a primarly physician . Like you said more serious you would go to the ER . Good point Lousia , very good point to make.

Okay this is my curtian call .

Renee

#160176 - 09/18/08 03:22 AM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Sadie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I hope we never have that in Canada. It is a desperate move/development in the health care system. The only good thing is that a trained professional is physically seeing the patient's symptoms.

It is not healthy just to mix sick people with others who are around for a completely different reason (shopping).

#160192 - 09/18/08 11:28 AM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: orchid]
Louisa Offline

I'm not sure that it's a bad thing yet. These same people are everywhere else you go. Emergency rooms are being used in place of going to a doctor. This is driving up the cost of health care. If this alleviates that problem some, it could be a very good thing. If it stops those who have a real emergency from having to wait 4 hours in the ER (the average wait time), then it could have a great impact. I don't quite understand how they will do this, as I don't see any room for this in any CVS or Walgreens here. They would be seeing a nurse practitioner I think. If they had a primary care physician, that's who they would be seeing a lot of the time anyway.

#160200 - 09/18/08 01:47 PM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Louisa]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Since I have been in so many emergency rooms and after hour care clinics for Dennis this past year, I, for one, am grateful for these small clinics. Mostly they see people with colds, strep, minor injuries, ear infections, etc. These clinics free up the ER for more significant problems.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#160202 - 09/18/08 04:16 PM Re: CVS Clinics [Re: Anno]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
In our area, we have a couple or walk-in clinics that are open 7 days a week, and after hours. I doubt our CVS will have a clinic. I hope not anyway. I wouldn't like all that sneezing, coughing, or worse sick going on around me while I shop. Like Orchid said, "It's just not Healthy"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved