The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 49 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99609 - 12/20/06 03:43 AM Holly Near?
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Given that Holly Near has been a mentor for me throughout my life, I'm wondering if there are any Holly Near fans present on this site. Check her out at www.hollynear.com.

#99610 - 12/20/06 07:59 AM Re: Holly Near? [Re: whittlewoman]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am on her mailing list. Anyone who fights for animal rights around the world is someone of interest to me. Not to minimize all her other good works.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99611 - 12/20/06 09:17 AM Re: Holly Near? [Re: chatty lady]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
WoW...Whittlewoman, I am delighted to find another Holly Near fan, and Chatty too.
I was instrumental in forming a Womens choir in the 90's..our name was Brigantia a forty/fifty strong group of amazin' women who were activist in all aspects. We used Holly Near songs in our line up. Our main aim was fun being a feminist issue......oh boy did we have a ball. We played alot of womens events, fundraised for Womens Aid and did the festivals North and South of Ireland. I am soo glad you posted a link to her site....late Christmas pressies for me....wooooo.hoooooo. Thank you.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#99612 - 12/20/06 07:44 PM Re: Holly Near? [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
"wouldn't ya rather loved a great big woman than have your lover starved half to death"

Cool wittlewoman activisium with a bit of fun. So dinner at my house then?

celtic_flame

#99613 - 12/21/06 01:48 AM Re: Holly Near? [Re: celtic_flame]
whittlewoman Offline

Oh yea! Women who know Holly Near's music! I've just finished a talking stick for her that I've been working on for months. Her newest album "Show Up" is fantastic. Daily I ponder a line from one of her songs that says,"...I fear what you do in the name of your God."
Celtic Flame, dinner at your house in time I'd agree to.

#99614 - 12/21/06 09:36 AM Re: Holly Near? [Re: whittlewoman]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Whittlewoman, Whats a talking stick...sounds very intriging.....can I have one????

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#99615 - 12/21/06 11:31 PM Re: Holly Near? [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
That line from the song pretty pionyent.....been true throw the centries so far eh! but how about loving the life into each other in the name of our god/godess....be nice for a change if it be that way...

If you get near ireland we have dinner definatly....we could even let that popea one to come too

celtic_flame

#99616 - 12/22/06 02:34 AM Re: Holly Near? [Re: celtic_flame]
whittlewoman Offline

Celtic Flame, I certainly subscribe to loving the life into one another as often as it can happen. It seems that Popea would be as curious a dinner companion as you. I say invite her. When I come I'll be bringing my partner, Lynn.

Popea, please check out my explanation of talking sticks on Re-defininig life/What do you do? I will post some pictures of some sticks when I figure out how to and yes they are available to anyone interested.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved