The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54965 - 01/11/06 07:12 PM Human Verichip Implantation
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I have been doing a lot of research lately on stem cell research and human "smart" chip implantation.
There is a company right here in Delray Beach, FL called Applied Digital Solutions that makes many ID products but one in particular causes red flags to go up for me.
It is called the VeriChip and is being tried experimentally by one police chief in NJ and others willing to be implanted with this chip no bigger than the size of a grain of rice implanted in the muscle of the upper arm.
It is electrically activated by the flexion of the muscles of the arm, contains every bit of information about the individual from family tree to medical info, to preferences, to military records, work history, credit history, etc.
www.wired.com/news/privacy is a website to learn more about it, not to mention the Applied Digital wersite. They tout Christian groups as some who fear the smart chip as a last days sign.
What do you think about it? To me it is a last straw in an already fragile loss of privacy issue. Congress has already passed a law that within 3 yrs. everyone will have to have a smart chip implanted in their passports and possibly driver's licenses.

#54966 - 01/12/06 08:36 AM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I don't like it...not one bit.
They'd have to kill me before they implant anything like that in my body. We are not robots. We shouldn't have information programmed into us that way.

#54967 - 01/11/06 09:22 PM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
No...never, might as well line me up and shoot me down. Ditto...on what BB said.
The good Lord didn't see the need to send me here with a chip...I won't return with one either.

#54968 - 01/11/06 09:38 PM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Good point, Brenda! He's programmed us with whatever information we all need.

#54969 - 01/11/06 09:52 PM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
cartwheel Offline

Loc: Washington state
Nope, nope, nope, nope. Not gonna take the chip,tracking device, mark, whatever they want to call it. I'll be standing in line waiting for the bullet also before I do something like that.

#54970 - 01/11/06 10:15 PM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thanks to you all, I'll be standing in that line for the bullet myself so you won't be alone. I truly believe it is a sinister thing.

#54971 - 01/11/06 10:15 PM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm not really interested either. I'm even a cyberphobe. But it sounds a lot like the identification bracelets worn by diabetics, hemophiliacs, etc. And it's exactly what some people do to pets to see that they are not stolen or lost and/or get treatment for health condidtions if they stray.

I'm not sure those vital statistics and health factors say who we really are anyway so I guess until they get a "soul chip" I'll be safe. Aren't we identified in heaven by the condition of our soul?

smile

#54972 - 01/11/06 11:22 PM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Number 5: Interesting info. Scary too [Eek!] .

#54973 - 01/12/06 01:29 AM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Our cat has one of those. But I don't think I'd want one for myself. Too Orwellian for me.

#54974 - 01/12/06 02:46 AM Re: Human Verichip Implantation
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
There is no way I'd do that.

And I have a question ... who's to say that's ALL they are implanting? And, what are they doing with that information?

I mean, ladies -- I'm of the "Twilight Zone" mentality when it comes to this stuff. Talk about invasion of privacy.

Noooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Blessings, Francine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved