The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52282 - 11/16/05 03:10 AM step-grandparenting
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
My DH will be grandpa for the first time soon. I was never able to have kids so this is a first new experience for me. I'm apprehensive at best. I would've loved kids but find it very emotional being around the pg'cy stuff and all the hoopla of having a baby. It just hurts too much so I will not be attending the shower.

Anyway, are there any step-grandparenting issues that I need to know about?

#52283 - 11/16/05 04:26 AM Re: step-grandparenting
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Di, If your DH's kids do not have any issues with you and you treat the child as if it were your own g'child, then there shouldn't be any issues. I'm not the step-g'ma, but my g'son has 4 step-g'parents. I don't believe he knows who is step and who is not because no one makes an issue of it. He calls all of us the same name with our dogs' names attached. I'm Mamaw Daisy.

Obviously I do have 1 child, however I would've wanted at least one more and I didn't get the baby stuff out of my system. Spending time with my grandson has allowed me to be a grand-mom occasionally.

I think if you embrace this child you will be rewarded with so much love - it will make you very happy. I started asking if Clayton could spend the night with me when he was just a couple of months old and ever since he's spent 1 night every other weekend. Believe me, when it's time for him to go home, I'm worn out and ready to send him on his way. Our time together has allowed me to develop a very special relationship with him (he's 3 now) and given my son and wife some time away. Some people would feel used by our arrangement, but I don't, I feel honored.

This could be your chance to experience some of the joys of motherhood and watch a child grow up. It would enrich your life and your g'child's.

Daisygirl

#52284 - 11/16/05 07:14 AM Re: step-grandparenting
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Thank you, DG. I think the hardest time is seeing my DSD pregnant and getting prepared for the "arrival". I so wanted that for myself. [Frown] But DH is good a including me and WANTING me to be called Grandma. After all, "legally",I will be!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved