The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#95198 - 11/15/06 03:17 PM Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, be sure to check out the Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe I'm covering by putting this here.

This is a recipe my hubby has made the last two Thanksgivings. It's a crowd pleaser!

It's definitely the type of recipe you have to shop for ahead of time. These aren't alwasy ingredients you have lying around the house. If you can't find pumpkin pie spice, email me. McCormick's Spices makes the best and they are right in town so we have tons of their spices. I'll mail you some.

2 cups half and half
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
1 packed cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
10 cups 1/2-inch cubes egg bread (about 10 ounces)
1/4 cup craisins and 1/4 cup raisins

Caramel Sauce
1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup whipping cream

Powdered sugar

For Bread Pudding: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla extraact in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Stir in craisins and raisins. Transfer to 11x17-inch glass baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce: Whisk dark brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.

Sift powdered sugar over bread pudding. Serve warm with caramel sauce. You can also add some whipped cream or COol Whip to individual servings.

Live it up!

#95199 - 11/15/06 11:20 PM Re: Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Oh my word, Dotsie! This sounds simply yummy. No calories, right?

#95200 - 12/27/06 07:42 AM Re: Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce [Re: Cookie]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
oh gosh, we LOVE bread pudding and I LOVE pumpkin! I will see if I can cut the amt of fat in it.

Thanks Dotsie.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#95201 - 12/27/06 04:51 PM Re: Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce [Re: JaMaPh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Let me know waht you think...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved