The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#47292 - 06/06/03 01:30 AM Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
I had THE best dessert the other night, made by a waitress in our local "greasy spoon".

You make a french vanilla cake in a 9 X 12 pan and let it cool. Make up a large (or 2 small)package of orange cream pudding. Crumble half of the cake in a deep glass bowl, then spread half the pudding on it. Sprinkle with slivered or chopped nuts and chocolate shavings (be pretty liberal). Layer drained mandarin orange segments on top and then "frost" with Cool Whip. Do another set of layers, ending with the Cool Whip. Decorate the top with orange slices and some shaved chocolate. It is DELICIOUS!!! I would guess that you could also use french vanilla pudding.

Although this is wonderful, I would also "play" with other ingredients. Peaches would be good, or strawberries, or just all chocolate everything!

#47293 - 06/10/03 02:09 PM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am going to stick with the oranges the first time I make it. Thanks for sharing. I love new recipes.

I made countrygirl's Kansas Cucumber Salad for my son's graduation party and it was delicious! Nothing like a little sweet salad.

I've had that salad at other parties, but never had the recipe so I was thrilled to have it pop up in here. I used the sugar it called for and it was good. Next time I will try using Splenda for all those diabetics in the family! [Roll Eyes]

#47294 - 06/28/03 04:27 PM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Micki, I am making this today to take to a party. I am using white cake, vanilla pudding, cool whip, and strawberries and blueberries...maybe some chocolate shavings. I chose the red, ehite, and blue theme for the 4th. of July. I'll let you know how it turns out! [Big Grin]

#47295 - 08/04/03 02:07 AM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Micki and Dotsie and anyone else really, I made a variation of this for a picnis yesterdayand made it sugar free. I used one ofthe sugar free cake mixes, sugar free pudding mix, and lite cool whip. I even used sugar free chocolate squares to shave. Everyone liked it and my husband had something he could have while we were there too. I used strawberries and blueberries. It was tasty.

#47296 - 08/08/03 09:43 PM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sounds great. I think I will get my daughter to make it for the next occasion. Great idea!

#47297 - 08/09/03 04:29 AM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Candice,
Where did you find the sugar free cake mix?
We have looked all over our area and couldn't find one. Perhaps were not looking for the right
thing though either or in the correct section.
Found all the other sugar free stuff and tried it with a brownie mix we had here, strawberries, Its still good today.
Thanks,
Maggie

#47298 - 08/11/03 01:52 AM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Maggie--

Sweet and Low makes the sugar free cake mixes. Depending on the store it can be with the other sugar free stuff, cake mixes, or wit the sweet and low. You might want to ask.

While the sugar free cake mix is good in this recipe, I do not like it alone. They're alittle dry, but with pudding, cool whip, and fruit, it's all good.

Brownies and strawbeeries sound yummy too.

#47299 - 08/11/03 01:57 AM Re: Chris' Chocolate Orange Cake Dessert
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thank you Candice,
We will be looking for the cake mixes. It does
sound yummy. Yes, I find most sugar fee items a
little dry so have to canstantly add stuff.
Thanks again,
Maggie

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved