The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 58 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#83512 - 07/22/06 03:52 AM being accepted
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Well, whenever I do something I jump in with both feet and look later. I HAVE learned not to do that all the time, but it still happens. This board is one of them. I wasn't going to have a sig line, then saw others and thought I should, so I did.

I'm 52 [and a half] lol. I auditioned for the praise and worship team at my church and was accepted and put on the Legacy team, which is like a Sunday school/church service.
The first time I went, I was asked to sing a solo verse on one of the songs. The FIRST time! wow. big deal to me.
Then I wasn't able to go for the next three weeks due to trade shows, sickness etc.

I went last nite for the first time in almost a month. One of the songs we are singing is Rock of Ages, and I was asked /told, lol to sing the second verse. In order to hit the high notes, I can NOT be shy or self conscious, I have to belt it out. And while I was practicing the verse, I was fooling around singing in an 'opera' voice. At no time did the worship leader tell me to stop wasting time, or stop fooling around. And when I was done with the verse, all the 6 others looked at me, eyes big and said, 'that was really good!' Warm fuzzies.

Now, I had wondered why I wasn't chosen to sing in the main church services. But after last nite, I see why. I felt why. The others are rather rigid and tight-knit, but they are all VERY nice people. In this Legacy group, we are all about the same age. And the lady I was standing next too, we clicked, right off the bat.

It's nice to be accepted. It's nice to belong.

Janine
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#83513 - 07/22/06 10:03 PM Re: being accepted [Re: JaMaPh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Everybody wants to be loved, accepted, and given pats on the back. Sounds like to me you're a great addition to this church group and I only wish I could hear you sing. GOOD FOR YOU!

My best, JJ

#83514 - 07/22/06 10:57 PM Re: being accepted [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sing, sing and then sing somemore and if you're good they'll hear you. I love singing in Church and raise my voice loud and clear for the Lord.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#83515 - 07/23/06 12:28 AM Re: being accepted [Re: chatty lady]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
How cool is that! You stepped out of your comfort zone and look what happened!

I, on the other hand, joined the choir and I got dirty looks from the choir director.

laurapoplin.com

#83516 - 07/23/06 07:51 AM Re: being accepted [Re: Daisygirl]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I sang in a gospel choir in Germany for 11 years. That was interesting; gospel with a German accent. (grin) I was supposed to bring the American accent into the music. I haven't sung for many years now, and I think menopause has done a number on my voice. I just can't get those high tones out without looking like an excited turkey. We sang alot at weddings. It was a time I never would want to miss. Have a good time with your new found choir Janine.

#83517 - 07/23/06 12:40 PM Re: being accepted [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Janine, good for you for goofing off and adding a little fun to choir practice. I can just picture it. Lots of stiff women being lightened up by your fun ways. Keep up the good work.

HAnnelore, so will you ever sing in a choir again? Maybe you won't have to hit the high notes. And who cares if you look like an excited turkey as long as you hit them!

I on the other hand, am the one the choir director might point to and say, "just pretend you are singing!"

#83518 - 07/23/06 02:39 PM Re: being accepted
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
The only way I can hit those high notes is with a bat. My mother takes hormones, and can still sing soprano (she's 85). But I get heart rhythm problems from hormones...so those high notes are in my head, that I just can't get out. Hmm frustrating. So I'd be standing right next to you, Dotsie, just mouthing the words. We'd be in the silent choir section...gee, at least the veins would't stick out in our necks. LOL

#83519 - 07/23/06 09:36 PM Re: being accepted [Re: Edelweiss]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
hey hormones are not what most of us think they are. My doc has me on 2mg of folic acid, dhea, calcium, [I put me on magnesium, and boron and osteosine and b vits]
THOSE my friends, ARE hormones!! did cha know that? they regulate the hormones. This bioidentical stuff Sommers is always talking about, well, it's THAT. They are supplements and when I take them regularly, which I usually do, but haven't in the last several days...they work and no longer am I crying, whining, B*ing. wow what a diff. Now I will start taking black cohosh for the flashes and sage for the night sweats.

well, if'n there's a way to upload a .wav file to the board, I can sing one of my songs and upload it.

Janine

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved