The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 49 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36839 - 10/06/05 11:28 PM Photographs
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi everyone!

I am so excited - I finally figured out how to upload photos off my digital camera, to a site where people can can view them AND I can have them printed and sent to my home!

Love it! It is called: snapfish.com

Check it out!

Danita

#36840 - 10/08/05 04:25 AM Re: Photographs
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is so exciting, what a great site. Thanks a bunch Danita, been needing something like this but couldn't find one....check it out ladies, really cool site.

#36841 - 10/12/05 08:25 AM Re: Photographs
Angie T Offline

Loc: Talladega, Alabama
Danita:

I wondered if anyone else on this site was into photography. I have been using snapfish for several years now with good results for my film photography. I LOVE taking photos and this past weekend I won second place in the local photography contest ($50 woo hoo!). I am using the proceeds to apply to the purchase of a digital camera.

What digital camera do you own? Have you had good results? I am interested in finding one that is also good for travel (not heavy).

I'd love to hear back from you or any other photo enthusiasts. I am thinking about an Olympus SP-500 UZ.

Thanks,

Angie T.

#36842 - 10/12/05 08:28 AM Re: Photographs
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Angie,

I'm very much an amature - can't even tell you what kind of camera we have. I have an older one, and invested in a nicer digital one for my daughter last year who has an interest in photography. I will check out the name of hers and get back to you!

How cool winning a contest. What was the picture of? I want to get pictures that my DD has taken into some contests. She is VERY good!

d.

#36843 - 10/12/05 11:56 AM Re: Photographs
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
Angie,
It depends on what you are taking pictures of. If you get too light weight of a camera, you give up optical zoom, the most important zoom. When we travel, we take a lot of scenery pictures, longer action shots - like football games, along with family pictures. The larger the optical zoom the better for scenery or anything farther away. Photograhpy was my minor in college. LOL

I want nothing less than 8X optical zoom, forget the digital, it will be there. I would prefer 10X optical. At least, 5 mega pixel, rather have 6 mega pixel. Built in flash. 1.8 or 2.0 inch LCD viewer. (My eyes are bad.) Built in red eye reduction. Shutter speed of: 15-1/2000 seconds and auto stabilizer for a faster shutter speed(if possible), IMPORTANT: AUTO, manuel: light white balance. Indoor and outdoor auto balance. Most of the lesser optical zooms only have manual on this. I want auto; I do not want to have to do manuel adjust the light white balance everytime. Something they do not always tell you about!

They all almost have the auto settings for activies, portriat, still life, scenery, etc anymore. Usually about 4 to 8 differtent auto settings for differtent styles of pictures.

This all adds up to a little more costly camera, and a little larger camera! But, it will grow with you!

My opinion, I am sure I forgot something, but these are the most important things I can remember.

#36844 - 10/12/05 08:10 PM Re: Photographs
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I too am a amature and love it . I have a Olymus 35mn camera that takes great pictures with a zoom lenes that I love. I take picture of lots of flowers and put them inot picture frames and give to gifts to friends. I gave my daughter of three frame picture of flowers that I had taken and she put it in her kitchen .

I have never taken classes , but would love to.
I want to make cards with my flower picture also.

#36845 - 10/12/05 11:12 PM Re: Photographs
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I enjoy taking pictures. I just had a photo enlarged and printed on some canvas that I will stretch over a frame and probably do some weird stuff to it, maybe antique it. It's of a window w/flowers that I took in the French countryside. I was there with my friend and her pictures were of her family (who we were visiting) and mine were all of doorways, flowers, architecture, etc. Now I have an Olympus digital camera, nothing fancy, and it takes pretty good photos.

Daisygirl

#36846 - 10/13/05 06:39 PM Re: Photographs
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Junebug, what brand name do you like? And no, I'm not a photographer, but I've always had a desire to learn. I took one course in college and fell in love with it...unfortunately, I fell in love with a guy too...guess who won.

JJ

#36847 - 10/14/05 06:37 AM Re: Photographs
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have an Olympus digital with a 10x zoom and love it. I wish I had a couple more mega pixels, but I really don't miss that. I wouldn't give up my zoom lens. I have been thinking of buying a new one only because the camera is a little heavy because of the lens. I've been thinking of the thinner lighter ones, but it's kind of foolish since I do love my camera. I also have a Minolta 35mm with a pretty good zoom on it. I rarely use it now. I almost always go digital. I love taking pictures.

Louisa

#36848 - 10/18/05 05:00 PM Re: Photographs
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
What advice would you give someone who wanted to learn the basics of photography?

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved