The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#84908 - 08/10/06 08:51 PM Whistle Down the Wind
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore: WDW is an Andre Lloyd Webber production which has come out of a B&W 60's British film of same title which starred Hayley Mills and Alan Bates. The film was in B/W circa 60's and is a story of a man (AB) found in a barn by a girl (HM) who she thought was Jesus but was in fact an escaped convict. The film portrays the innocence of children and one that I enjoyed so much that I'm quite intrigued as to how that message would come across on stage as a musical.

I mostly deal with the civil matters/actions.

They did foil an attempt today and life goes on in the UK. British policing truly is praiseworthy and may Divine Providence continue to bless their lot.

#84909 - 08/10/06 09:05 PM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Lola, nice to meet you here. No, I haven't seen that production. It sounds like a good plot. Maybe I can get a DVD on it.
I would love to get my hands on a film that I saw as a child. It occupies me till this day. Have you ever heard of "Marcelino"? I just loved that movie.
You have an interesting job. Do you write as well? So many of the ladies here are authors. I just finished my novel…430 pages. It's now being edited for the first time…and I'm so nervous, because no other person, other than yours truly has read it. Yikes it's doing a number on my stomach.
Got to go now…at least we're in the same time zone! Cheerio, and hats off to the British Police!

#84910 - 08/10/06 09:28 PM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Edelweiss]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Now there's a movie I haven't even thought of in some 40+ years!! I remember seeing it but couldn't tell you anything about it except I do remember Hayley Mills being in it. Talk about a 'blast from the past'!! LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#84911 - 08/10/06 10:38 PM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm still a huge Haley Mills fan - I watched a lot of her earlier movies! And I've always enjoyed watching her whenever she does a guest spot on a TV show (Love Boat, Murder She Wrote - and of course, all the Parent Trap remakes). I don't remember WDW, but that doesn't mean I didn't see it.

(Maya Angelou)

#84912 - 08/11/06 03:49 AM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I love Haley Mills also and my favorite movie that I remember was "Pollyanna " I just loved her in that movie . Wasn't she a discovey of Walt Disney ?

Renee

#84913 - 08/11/06 05:58 AM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Sadie]
Lola Offline

They showed To Sir With Love last Saturday here. And for many reasons, it made me well up. Other good films they have shown again are Lilies of the Field and Imitation of Life.

Yep, Hannelore. By the time the rest of the gang start with first cup of coffee in the A.M., we would be lunching already! I write mostly academic journals but I have started memoirs of childhood in tape which would have to be transcribed later on when I have fully retired. My childhood and the people in it are spread all over the world so, I try to collect their memories in oral form. The nuns of my school are now in their mid-80's and have sent me photos of my boarding school circa 50's-60's.

#84914 - 08/11/06 06:04 AM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Hi, Yonuh, Eagle and Renee: Was'nt Hayley Mills wonderful in those films? Her films were so wholesome. WDW, is my favourite of those she made. Her Mom wrote the story of WDW.

#84915 - 08/11/06 12:49 PM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too am a Haley Mills fan. She was who we wanted to be when we were preteens, and teens. I loved the Parent Trap, too. I've never heard of WDW though.

JJ

#84916 - 08/11/06 01:01 PM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola, glad I'm still alive to write you back. Just got back from golf. Hubby's ball whizzed about half an inch from my nose. He didn't even notice that he almost killed me. What an obituary that would have been… "She had a ball …and bit the grass."

That's a good idea to tape your childhood memoirs. I went to a boarding school in New England Ma. That would have been a movie for Haley Mills.

Those old movies you see, are they shown in a regular movie theatre? I wish they showed those films here. In Germany, outdoor movie theaters are very popular. They're like drive-ins, only without a car. People go with picnic baskets and garden chairs. It's a fun atmosphere, great to do with a group of friends. Wish we Boomer women could do a night at the movies. I'd bring the German chocolate cake!

#84917 - 08/11/06 01:40 PM Re: Whistle Down the Wind [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lola, I love Lilies of the Field - it's one of my all-time favourites. Whenever it shows on TV, we can't resist watching it again. It's one of the few movies that hubby will watch over and over again.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved