The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 56 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#27047 - 06/28/06 04:34 PM miserable at 50
glulabelle Offline

Loc: SC.
Hi, I'm a newbie and joined here to see how others deal with the misery of menopause! I'm having a hard time trying to cope with all the symptoms. Have been dealing with this now for more than a year. Hot flashes are the worse part and very servere. Hope to learn about something that might help naturally.

#27048 - 06/28/06 05:03 PM Re: miserable at 50
glulabelle Offline

OK.. after posting I went to the forum and read some. I feel like I went to the wrong forum, thought it was a menopause forum!!! Sorry about that! Anyway after reading a few posts, i think I'll stick around a while. TO tell you a little about myself. I'm 50, married to a wonderful man for nearly 7 years. Have two daughters, both married with children and have 2 step sons( eligable bachlors) and 4 grandchildren. Hubby and I are empty nesters and enjoy the outdoors and gardening. We live in the country and have both been divorced twice. Finally after a long hard life I now have a lot to be thankful for and maybe I can give moral support to someone here who needs a friendly boost to their lives through words of encouragement. After reading some posts here I realize my hot flashes are a minor thing that I'm sure I will get thru eventually. Bless each and every one here and have a good day!

#27049 - 06/28/06 05:27 PM Re: miserable at 50
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
glulabelle,
WELCOME! We're so glad you decided to stick around and join us. Before long, you won't know how you made it thru the day without checking in on your extended family here.

I like your spirit and know others will enjoy your words of encouragement as well!

JJ

#27050 - 06/28/06 05:49 PM Re: miserable at 50
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Glulabelle, let me add my warm welcome to BWS. I hope you find sanctuary and laughter here.

I'm very curious as to your screen name: does "glulabelle" signify something specific?

#27051 - 06/28/06 06:01 PM Re: miserable at 50
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Welcome Glulabelle, Hot flashes can be miserable. Have you tried Black Cohosh or compounded hormones(bioidentical?) They took mine away completely.

#27052 - 06/29/06 07:48 AM Re: miserable at 50
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi there Glulabelle - welcome! You'll find this a wonderful place for all sorts of topics. These ladies are awesome.

Kathy

#27053 - 06/29/06 07:51 AM Re: miserable at 50
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Welcome Glulabelle. This is a wonderful community of caring, compassionate, helpful, and knowledgeable human beings.

#27054 - 06/28/06 09:43 PM Re: miserable at 50
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
welcome Glulabelle. How kind of you to come back and post after reading some of the menopause forums. Not everyone agrees with my solution to hot flashes, but I am on a very low dose of the birth control pill and it works like a charm.

I also love gardening and hope to get out there tonight. We've had rain for days so everything is nice and moist and ready to be weeded.

#27055 - 06/28/06 11:23 PM Re: miserable at 50
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome glulabelle, I too was wondering about the screen name...would you enlighten us?

[ June 28, 2006, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#27056 - 06/29/06 12:21 AM Re: miserable at 50
glulabelle Offline

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!! I know I will enjoy chatting with such wonderful people.
Ok, about the name Glulabelle, my name is Gloria but my son-in-law has called me Glulabelle for years! Why,I don't know. Maybe I should ask him, do ya think?? I couldn't think of a better screen name than one given so lovingly(well I hope it was lovingly, it better have been.)

Dotsie, my doctor won't let me have anything prescription. I'm a smoker(bad habit I hate but can't seem to lick it.) Then I have a spot that I have to have a mamagram every 6 months to check for any change. So far, so good, anyway, I'm told it's too risky for me to have anything other than natural over the counter stuff. Also Dotsie, I am a member on a garden forum that is just great. If you'd like I would give you the link. Is that Ok for me to post??
Val, I've tried black cohash, soy suppliments, estroven and quite a few more over the counter meds. No help. Looks like all I can hope for is time to pass and maybe it will go away. I just hope it's in the near future. I live in sunny SC where the weather is HOT and humid. That's not a good combo with hot flashes! Lucky for me the hubby understands my mood swings and can run fast!
You all have been so nice, thanks for having me and I'll keep checking in.(probably daily)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved