The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16769 - 06/12/05 06:25 AM STOP THE INSANITY!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Has anyone read this book?

The writer is soooo funny - I love her! What she says makes so much sense about starving our body is like not putting gas in a car.

Has anyone tried her "non-diet" plan?

I read the book "fat is a feminist issue" years ago - and the principals are simular....I'm tired of yo yo dieting - I want to get it all under control and in perspective!

danita

#16770 - 06/13/05 12:01 AM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, I've never heard of it. I'm going to Amazon to check it out. I love the title.

#16771 - 06/13/05 03:56 AM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Danita the Authors name is SUSAN POWTER and for years she had a TV show in which she cooked and spoke of diet foods and dieting the good, bad and the ugly and about her terrible ex husband, can't remember what she called him but it was hilarious...All her books are the same humor and no nonsense weight loss. She lost a ton of weight and lost it everywhere and looks fantastic. Danita is right and this is a must read for humor readers and those fighting the battle of the bulge... [Cool]

#16772 - 06/13/05 05:35 AM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
Danita Offline

Chatty,

She called him "the prince". (sarcastically) lol! He was a male child of an Italian family and could do no wrong.

There was a part I read...where it talks about her day...getting up at 5:30 to get the kids ready for school....going to work...fixing dinner...doing the dishes...bathing the children...putting them to bed...and as she's ready to fall into a heap into bed herself (11:30 pm.) the "Prince" says, "Honey, why don't you go put on the "little bo peep" costume so you can parade around the bedroom for me"...and she says the classic, "touch me and you die"!!! lol! (sounds ALOT like my hubby!) lol!

Thanks for your further input chatty -- it just makes so much sense to me -- and it is do-able. she also encourages "getting oxygen" v.s. killer workouts...so today -- I invited my hubby out for a walk (which is contrary to my SUNDAY lay on the coach thing).

She looks fabulous. Down from 260 lbs. I can do it too!

Danita

#16773 - 07/06/05 03:16 PM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

This post made me pull out my books by her, and boy is she right on the money. Ladies if dieting or even if you want good recipes or just LAUGHS, get this book. Most librarys carry her books as well. She actually did what we are trying to do and oh, how she talks about the Prince, her ex, its priceless...JJ you'd love her stuff... [Big Grin]

#16774 - 07/06/05 06:07 PM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
Danita Offline

Chatty,

I only have the one book "stop the insanity". Could you send me the titles of others.

I am sooo tired of struggling - yet not willing to give up the fight!

Hawaii is less then 2 months away - I just don't want to feel like a beached whale with hail damage. (LOL)

I've got to pull out her book and read it every day to motivate me "just to be in control". I did really well for a couple of weeks and lost it with sugar, of course!

Does she have like a "daily devotional" type thing?

d.

#16775 - 07/06/05 06:57 PM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Danita there are 18 of her books available thru Amazon....just go there and type in her name. [Smile]

#16776 - 07/06/05 10:57 PM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've seen her on TV and I will have to admit, I did love her. It was a long time ago and I had totally forgotten about old Susan. I'll have to check her out again...from the library. I use to love sitting on the couch watching her, while eating Oreo's. What?

Thanks Ms C...

JJ

#16777 - 07/07/05 01:34 AM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, tape pictures of a beatiful beach in Hawaii on your fridge and all cabinets with food. Then cut out a picture of you in a bathing suit and plop it on the sand. Think that would work?

I know someone who taped a picture of her heaviest self near her kid's junk food cabinet. She lost weight.

[ July 06, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#16778 - 07/07/05 03:24 AM Re: STOP THE INSANITY!
Danita Offline

I've got on the fridge - my 21 year old "hot self" AND..a recent picture that I HATE....

I think I need to photocopy the two together and tape it to my forhead. LOL!

I've had a long term eating disorder - so I think like most people - food is a huge issue for me.

I think it's an "inside to the outside" thing - and actually -- I think my inside is healing, and that the outside will come along!

danita

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved