The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#124703 - 07/30/07 07:18 AM I Am Suviving
Feon Davis Offline

Loc: USA
This life as Christian woman of God growing up, in Morehead City, North Carolina.
I wanted to share with everyone my disability. I am born with learning disability. And along with that I had some trauma events that took place, since the age 5-adult age. In addition, I have anxiety, depression, stress, phobias, social anxiety, and pigment problems.

I thank God I am here. And I would have this spiritual connection from God. To the point I would have vision, dreams and even here whispers from God. I am still learning, yet am hobble a lot when I ask God to guide me and show me what it is he wanted me to do. I never give up, even when I am frustrated, or angry of my emotions. As you all heard the saying "He has all control". At one time, I would wish and wanted to be normal and live normal. But I am coming to a higher sincerity, if you will of his plan for me. Even with my mental and physical limits and boundaries. My senses and spirit is open to what humanity can not hear what I hear. Like angels singing. Here God's spirit speaks words of poetic words to my heart and soul.

I have been blessing over the years to write Christian poetry and few inspirational poems. But it what I didn't expect is write other types of writing. Eventually, started creative writing, and also I am writing a children book, also, I written, what I have been told Christian fiction of my true spiritual experiences. I have been writing this book since 1998-2005 now. I am having a friend edit this book. I hoping to publish it for all to read and be blessed. Also, I design and mess around with graphics until, I done my own book covers and type and print them out and coil bind my own paperback books. And also, I do my own poetry bookmarks, poetry post cards, and letterhead poems. Through pray, I learn a lot more from the Lord I also rebuild my own computer, design and update my own web site as well.

I have posted a poem that I written after my mother had told me happen to me before I was born. Apparently, back in that day they wouldn't let the husband come in for the delivery. But she was getting some sleep before delivering me. And lady comes in and tries to murder her in her sleep with a pillow. She struggled, until she calls on Jesus to give her strength. And that's when, all the force with her spirit pushes back. At this time my mom, was trying to catch her breath. When the doctor and nurse come in, and ask this lady who she was. And she wouldn't answer and they had report her, but couldn't find her. Despite it she had rough time, delivering me. I was depriving of oxygen far to long. They didn't think I would live. And my mother was so tired and vomiting. But by the grace of God she and I were ok. Praise his Name!! Since she told me this, I know the God had reason for me to be here even more than ever. From this, I prayed, and God use me. Then soon enough I written this poem I like share.

I survived from being born murder, before my birth,

And He spares me,

I survived molestation,

And he comfort my spirit

I survived rape,

And he strengthens me.

I survived verbal abuse by mankind,

And he was my voice.

I survived physical pain,

And he healed me from the inside out.

I am surviving despite my learning disability,

And he reminds me, I am in his image.

I am surviving with stress and depression,

And in his arms, I am at peace.

I am surviving this environment,

And he held me near his bosom.

I survived the disadvantages,

And he meant for me to be a TESTIMONY.

Written by Feon Davis

Copyrighted © 2007 All Rights Reversed.
Psalm 119:105

NOTE: This is my true life experience Miss Davis has been through. And she prays, this only make one not grant what God has given them and be more compassionate toward others with difficults in learning, understand mentally.

#124704 - 07/30/07 02:06 PM Re: I Am Suviving [Re: Feon Davis]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Feon, you're an amazing testimony to faithfulness, to strength of spirit, to life itself...your willingness to shine your light through all of the difficulty and hardship you've endured brings inspiration and hope to others. I'm in awe of you and take great encouragement and hope from your sharing of yourself.

While reading your post, I was reminded of my Godfather. His name was Ron. He was an amazing man, another dazzling shining light, like you. He was confined to a wheelchair most of his life, very tiny and frail, severely limited in his physical abilities - but infinitely capable in his other abilities, especially in his capacity to love, to reach out to and embrace others just the way they were, to welcome strays and misfits and encourage them to embrace and love who they were, because his belief was that each and every person on the face of the earth is a unique gift from God to the world, that each and every person, regardless of physical or other limitations, shines a very necessary and significant light into the world.

That man was able to reach, encourage, inspire and help more people from his wheelchair than most of us could ever hope or imagine being able to. He was convinced that his being in a wheelchair was no accident, because he knew (we ALL knew) that many of the people he was able to reach and help were only reachable by a tiny, frail man sitting helpless and vulnerable in a wheelchair.

He's one of my life mentors, a genuine hero in my heart and eyes...you remind me of him...

(Maya Angelou)

#124705 - 07/30/07 08:05 PM Re: I Am Suviving [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

You have the gift to communicate...keep writing
Mountain ash

#124706 - 07/30/07 08:48 PM Re: I Am Suviving [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Feon, thanks for your words of faith and encouragement. Please tell us your Web address. I'd love to browse around.

#124707 - 07/31/07 04:50 AM Re: I Am Suviving
Feon Davis Offline

Loc: USA
First let me say bless you all in the name of Jesus.
I am hobbled by all of you. And Eagle heart I didn't expect such a heart felt feedback as you posted. And I am sorry I didn't include my web site link. And please let me know what you can not see or make out or even find. As well, what you like to see improved.

Here is my web site: http://www.inthearmsofgod.com

Edited by Feon Davis (07/31/07 04:56 AM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved