The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#131125 - 11/06/07 08:44 AM Soul Mates
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this in but --- do you believe we have soul mates?

If so, can there be other "forms" of soul mates other than what is "normally" thought of (husbands/wives) -- friends, perhaps animals that find their ways into our lives ???

just curious

#131126 - 11/06/07 10:30 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: lionspaaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Interesting question, and great to see you lion!

Check out this link to read more about soul mates. Be sure to scroll down.

I think it depends on everyone's definition of soul mate. My spouse is definitely my soul mate and I've never considered having more than one. Hmmm

I certainly have friends who are typically on the same wave length when we converse, but I wouldn't call them my soul mates.

I look forward to hearing what others have to say.

#131127 - 11/07/07 12:26 AM Re: Soul Mates
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
couldn't find the link you posted dotsie, sorrie

i have a couple for diffrent time frames in my life, like 10 yrs or 7 yrs then whatever teaching i think i get/give has been compleated and another appears, or am i just fikle lol?

i don't think it has to be a partner just someone verie significant and earilie tuned into each other, like i say i not sure its to last forever but then i more taks orintated i think. maybee lol

#131128 - 11/07/07 12:52 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: celtic_flame]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
When I was young and idealistic, I was sure there was a soulmate for everyone. In my mind at the time, I was convinced it had to be your lover. Later on, I decided that you could have a real friend who touched your heart like none other. Now, through life and its experiences, I have to wonder. Part of me still wants to believe and other parts are hesitant to believe in such. I was convinced that my husband of 30 years was my soulmate until I got so blindsided by him. I would never have guessed he could ever be that way. That has destroyed a lot of trust for me in many, many ways. So I guess I'm hesitant to believe that just one person can be my soulmate. Life is too fickle for that.

#131129 - 11/07/07 12:55 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
By the way, so nice to see you post, lionspaaw.....I suppose you've been soaking up the beautiful sun in Floridea (yeah, okay, I'm envious...no, really jealous!) What do you think about soulmates?

#131130 - 11/07/07 01:13 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I definitely believe in soul mates, male and female. I don’t believe animals can be soul mates. Have you met a soul mate Lion?

I meet lots of people in my profession, but every once in a great while there is someone I can connect to within the first few minutes, and I sense their connecting to me as well. That’s when I go home and tell my husband I met a soul mate. I think a big factor in a soul mate is having the same sense of humour where you can truly belly laugh together. Oddly enough, I think that is more important then being able to cry together.

I had always hoped to be able to say my husband is my soul mate. I’m sure that is why you have such a beautiful marriage Dotsie. My husband and I connect on many things, but no….we aren’t soul mates at all,…and who knows maybe that is a good thing. It’s enough that my younger son and I are so much alike. We get crazy when together.

#131131 - 11/07/07 02:46 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: Edelweiss]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
My husband is my soulmate. We know what eachother are thinking/feeling and we are best friends. It says in the Bible that we 'become one' with our spouse...that always makes me think of our souls being entwined. My first husband wasn't my soulmate though....I think you both have to give yourself to the other one 100% before you can be soulmates.

#131132 - 11/13/07 11:52 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: Countrygirl]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Sorry it took so long to get back to this -- had a few things that needed attention

I too thought I had found "soul mates" in my past loves -- only to find that it was a romantic notion that fell through.

But I do believe the man I've been married to for 30 years is my (this time arounds) lifemate. Like God used one of his Adam & Eve's cookie cutters to make us -- set us out on our own -- and through all the quirks and parodies of life -- we found each other again.

I also think that a soul mate doesn't have to be (again this time arounds) romantic love -- but someone that you remember from before -- someone who's soul keeps "crossing paths" with your soul through the ages. Someone that you just feel so comfortable with that words aren't even necessary.

I've known someone since 3rd grade that I just always seem "connected" to -- I used to get up from the TV -- walk over to the phone and pick it up and say HEY THERE -- before it even rang -- no matter how much time was between phone calls -- I always "felt" the call before I heard the call. It has always amazed me how parallel our lives are too -- the same experiences, lifestyle, thoughts and beliefs eventhough we haven't been an actual part of each others lives --- it just seems like we have always "known" each other

So -- I was curious what everyone else thought

#131133 - 11/14/07 08:10 PM Re: Soul Mates [Re: lionspaaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I don't think that everyone from a past life is necessarily a soul mate. Sometimes there's unfinished business that needs to be cleared out. I would put my husband in that category.

I have both friends whom I know from former lives, and those who seem to be in this existence only, but I feel such a strong connection -- what I call "knowing" someone -- that we might be soul mates. Or at least we're together for a special reason. I can't necessarily define it, though, which is OK too.

Poet and essayist

#131134 - 11/15/07 03:11 AM Re: Soul Mates [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I DO believe in soul mates. My definition goes beyond "mate," though. I have an aunt that, when we talk, we can finish each others thoughts/sentences. It's as if we are brain twins, but she'd fall in the soul mate category to me. Then there's my hubby. We can go without really talking for days. It's weird, but natural to us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved