The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 41 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#91965 - 10/15/06 02:05 PM My Spritual Journey
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I just purchased Wayne Dyer's The Power of Intention. I am re-beginning my spiritual journey and will read it along with my life coach.

If you have read this book, what did you learn from it? What messages did you take from reading the book? How did it change your life?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#91966 - 10/17/06 02:11 PM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have certainly heard about him, but never read anything written by him. Please let us know what you think. Here's a link to his books and products for those interested.

http://www.drwaynedyer.com/products/index.php

#91967 - 10/17/06 02:55 PM Re: My Spritual Journey
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Anno, I don't know if you read it here but I met him while in CA. He's one of these people who listens intently, making strong eye contact, like you are the only person in the world at that moment.

If applied, this book can be life changing. What I got from it was: What is the intent for your life? If I'm upset about something and it starts building in my mind, I stop and ask what the intent for my life is and let the anger go away because it's the opposite of my intent. It really works too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91968 - 10/17/06 09:20 PM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

I did read that you met him in California. It was funny, another one of those meant-to-be moments, because I had just decided to purchase this book when I read your post about your California highlights.

#91969 - 10/18/06 12:35 AM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What if you don't know what the intent for your life is? I wonder if intent is the same as purpose. I believe that the intention for our lives is to give and receive love. Dianne, I remember you really liked this book by Dyer. His first book, back in the 70's, "The Sky is the Limit" opened my eyes as to what is possible. Dyer's mentor and friend is Deepak Chopra. DC has a new book out about Life After Death. DC believes there is an active afterlife in spirit form. Since my nephew died, at only 17, I've been reading a lot of books about life after death. I re-read Eagle's favorite by Eady. All those who have had a NDE (including myself) say that what exists in the afterlife is LOVE and LIGHT. In the meantime, how do you know what your intention is on earth in human form?

#91970 - 10/18/06 01:49 AM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:

In the meantime, how do you know what your intention is on earth in human form?

Lynnie, that question had been haunting me for years, since my last breakdown in 2002. The only possible answer while the fatigue was so debilitating was to "be", and the only thing I was capable of doing for 2+ years was to pray for others while I continued to heal. But once the energy reserves began to fill up and I recuperated to the point of being able to function, then the question really haunted me. What am I here for? It seemed there were always a lot of very little things that called for my presence - and they all had to do with simply loving others. But it didn't seem that it could be enough - I had it in my head that purpose and intention meant BIG things, like vocation and passion-driven activities.

Then I got the phone call from my brother to tell me he was in the hospital...then his diagnosis of cancer. And then I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt, what my purpose was - to help my brother make this journey through cancer. It was as if all the months of recuperation had been in preparation for this journey. I have the time, the energy, the love and the joyful willingness to see him through this. And it brings me such joy and pleasure to help him, to spend time with him. It's so simple a vocation, and a temporary one, but it's most definitely exactly where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing. And it's all about love - and light - and bringing as much of both into my brother's life to help him make this journey. I'm awed by God's grace and tender love in giving both my brother and me this gift of each other's companionship. It is a simple purpose/intention in the eyes of anyone else, but for me, it's everything and more than I could have hoped for or wanted as a way to shine God's love into my little corner of the world. What better intention could there be than to be called to simply shine light and love into another human life and heart?

(Maya Angelou)

#91971 - 10/18/06 02:24 AM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Eagle Heart]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have followed Dr. Dyer for years. His books were pivotal in introducing me to New Thought. Unity, Science of Mind and many of the western practices have changed my life - a journey that continues.

Eagle Heart - you have hit the nail on the head. It is all about love. That is our purpose. I believe that everyone and everything that comes into my life has a purpose - to teach me something. I am exactly here I am supposed to be.

Caring for my parents in their last years was such a blessing. As hard as it was at times, I look back and know that it was exactly where I was meant to be.

It sounds trite, but I do believe that I am a spiritual being in a physical body - not the other way around. The world wants us to think otherwise.

#91972 - 10/18/06 07:16 PM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: browser57]
Anno Offline

It does not sound trite, browser. It seems to me if more people believed and lived in this manner - we are spiritual beings in physical bodies - our world would be in much better shape.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I am enjoying what I have read so far and am getting very inspired. It is definitely helping me on my own spiritual journey.

#91973 - 10/18/06 09:57 PM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I feel intent can be a daily thing. It can change. When my parents do something mean to me, it would be very easy to stay upset and angry but that isn't my intention...I want peace so I have to shift my thinking.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91974 - 10/18/06 10:15 PM Re: My Spritual Journey [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I believe that there are many, many ways to live your purpose. In fact, one of my Bertha stories is about that and Bertha says, "If there was only one way to live your life's purpose it would be called a project..."

My purpose is along the lines of uplifting others and helping them to heal. I started out as a nurse and now I have shifted into a writer, coach and speaker. Just a different kind of healing. But essentially I'm a caregiver at heart.

I'm always seeking to find joy in my life while adding value to others. I guess that's my intention.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved