you curious about the lives of other baby boomer women? Are you willing
to write a personal story that will allow others a peek into your life?
Guidelines for Boomer Women
Please follow these simple, yet very important guidelines when submitting your story to Boomer Women Speak for the OUR VOICES section.
- Stories only, please. We DO NOT accept articles or "how to" stories for the OUR VOICES section.
- True stories of 1,800 words or less that make the reader happy, sad, or any emotion in between.
- Written from the heart and give readers feelings of connectedness, encouragement, and/or support.
- No sermons, biographies or book excerpts.
- Be specific and draw the reader in by using particulars. Example: If you've moved across the country for your career, leaving a family and life-long friends behind:
- How did you do it? Write about your feelings of the move, when you first told the family; Selling the house, your good-byes; arrival at your new home and your new job.
- How did all of this affect your emotions, physical well-being, relationships, and values?
- Was the move worth it? What did you learn from the experience? Any advice for others?
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- Please only send your best and final work. We do not edit stories and they will be rejected if they contain errors.
- Please give us ample time to review your work. If you have not heard back from us in a month, then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with OUR VOICES in the subject line. Also, we must have your full name, the title of your story, and the date it was submitted for an inquiry.
- Please submit your story in a WORD attachment ONLY. Not in the body of an email. At the top of the story, include a short bio, web address, and email.
- Please put OUR VOICES in the subject line so that we know which publication you story is for (NABBW or BWS) and e-mail your story submissions to email@example.com
For more information
please read the FAQ page.