Yes it was me that posted about Strivectin and yes it's expensive (about $135 I think) but the tube is HUGE and it lasts a long long time.....you only use a small dab at a time. One tube lasts me almost a year. One of the places that sells it is Ulta, and if you have one near you and sign up with them you can get coupons that you can use on anything in the store. including Strivectin. Or they sell it in some of the department stores like Belk's, maybe at Macy's, Dillards, places like that. I think it's worth the money, because it works for me. I tried it at a friend's recommendation and was very pleased with the results. I've been using it for a couple of years now.
As for the other expensive brands......I used to use something from the Estee Lauder line, can't remember the exact name.......something like Daytime Refresher. It cost almost as much as Strivectin and came in a much smaller bottle (that was before Strivectin came out). It was a lot like the Olay Rejuvinating serum.......really left your skin feeling smooth, a great base before putting on make-up (which is why I like using the Olay Rejuvinating serum in the daytime, and the Strivectin at night. Both work well and this system seems to work great for me).
BTW Strivectin has added some products to their line.....a hand cream, a product for under-eye circles, and an eye cream. The only other product I tried was the eye cream. It was also expensive, and I didn't think the results were that great......less expensive eye creams (the Loreal retinol eye cream I mentioned above for instance, or the Olay Rejuvinating eye serum) seemed to have better results for less money in my case. But as far as Strivectin......I love it and plan on continuing to use it! My opinion is that it's worth the cost.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (10/15/06 11:08 PM)